What would You charge for this Clock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would You charge for this Clock?

My one craft fair a year is coming up on the Dec 3.
    How would you all price this clock.
    It is Spanish cedar and curly maple
    It is 10 inches wide and about that tall
    Attached Files
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Real eye catcher , I have never made a clock before Rolf . Looks like it would be around $30 at least ........my two cents worth ...........MB
    Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

$50 sounds more along with what I would think it is worth.... But what is your customer salary type like at the craft fair? a beautiful $50 clock sitting on the display shelf is just that (sitting on the shelf) unless your customers are able to pay for it.....I guess what I am trying to say is if you really like it raise the price if you want the money you may have to come down off what it is worth...

Personally I think it would sell at $50 easily to me but you have to know your customers ability to pay.

Comment

In this neck of the woods we'd charge at least $75 and that would be giving it away. $30 clocks are very small. It's beautiful, Rolf.

Jan

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I Live in a fairly upscale area. It is a small village, the northern half is normal working class like me(normal?)
          The lower half closer to the bay have 1million+ summer homes with 20K taxes.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I wouldn't feel bad pricing it at $60 to $70.
            Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

I wouldn't let them look at it for $30.00
              May the wind at you back .....
              Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

I'd go with the higher pricing. People tend to value things more if they're priced higher, and I've loved the look of that clock from the first time you posted a picture of it. It's also a good size, as well as unique.

Let us know how you make out. Good luck!
                Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                  Thanks for the feedback. I Live in a fairly upscale area. It is a small village, the northern half is normal working class like me(normal?)
                  The lower half closer to the bay have 1million+ summer homes with 20K taxes.
                  Sounds like you live in a place where the price could be a lot higher on the scale ..........MB
                  Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

G'day Rolf,
                    That's a really hard call seeing you only have the one show.
                    I'd normally price something as nice as that at around the $80 mark, knowing that if I never sold it at one show, I'd sell it at the next.
                    Another strange thing with customers is they like quality and expect to pay for it. If the price is low, they tend to think the quality is low.
                    I find that by having a realistic price, I may sell a bit less, but make more cash JMHO.
                    Regards
                    John
                    "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
                    Some of my Stuff
                    Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

I'd go for the higher end. I used to be in marketing and found that if I raised the price on a non selling item it would fly out of the store.
                      A lot of folks are offended if you charge to low. Sell to them.
                      Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
                      Desert Woodcrafters
                      Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

My first thought before reading the rest of the posts was at least $75. The clock face alone had to be in the $5-10 range I'm guessing. You should get paid for your time as well so I would look at the time you have into it and what you want to make to come up with a price. You may only have one show but there will be others so I wouldn't give it away as many will see it and expect similar pricing on your other items.
                        Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
                        Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
                        Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
                        Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Comment

Id tag it $80 , then put a line thru the $80 and mark it "special, today only $50"
                          Its a great looking clock for sure Rolf!
                          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I would set the price somewhere in the $50 - $60 range. It's a unique piece, so $50+ is a fair price, I think.

Your location definitely will affect your pricing.

I have a mantle clock, made by hubby, that I am pricing at $40 for this weekend's craft fair. It's his own design and is more traditional in style. Nice clock, but in this area, I can't go higher if I want to sell it.

Nancy in AZ
                            Last edited by rippersmom; 11-24-2011, 10:12 PM.
                            A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

Rolf, I don't know how much time you've got in cutting, assembleing, and finishing...BUT i'm sure the mechanism is worth a decent amount in itself.and the bezel...........I would not "give " it away..display it at the show and if it does'nt sell for what you think it's worth ....would look nice on your shelf at home. the problem with "hand crafted items " is that customers have no idea what goes into making them.....they will go to a store and buy a machine made artical (production line stuff ) and not bat an eye until they see about 15- 20 of the same thing displayed at various neighbors homes..most hand made articals are one of a kind.......

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X