Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web hosting

Hello All,
    I was looking at some threads about web hosting for a website. I am using a free google site but my wed address is a paragraph long LOL. I do NOT know a thing about setting one up. So can some one explain what some of the Jargons are?
    What is a C panel, what issite pinned? What is wordpress? There was some others. But I can't remember. Thanks

C panel is Control Panel. That is where you control all the facets of your Web site.

WordPress is an open sourced blogging tool. You use to build your Web site. There are probably a few other tools available to make it very easy to build your site.

Here is some information about pinned sites: Pinned Sites - Microsoft Windows

I would email Jim Mex with your questions. He has a lot of information that he can share with you. He was a great help to me when I was looking for information.
    -- Rick --

Comment

thanks for your help

Comment

could not find a member named "Jim Mex"

Comment

Hi Kardar, Another way to shorten your web address is to do what I do. I purchased my URL (web Address) from godaddy at $9 per year. Then on godaddy you can "forward" you new address ie: mgmwoodworks.com to the url of your web site. I know this sounds difficult but after you purchase your web name from godaddy it is only one click to do it. You can click my link below and you will see it is a long ETSY web address. But if you type www.mgmwoodworks.com, it comes up without typing the etsy address given to me by etsy. I hope this helps.
          Mark
          Proud new owner of an EX-21

WWW.MGMWOODWORKS.COM

Comment

Ooopppss!

well I guess I was to quick cause I signed up with a web hosting site and already used my name so when I went to godaddy it was taken. Well I guess I will just pay the $10 a mo.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dottyblues
              Reply to Pattern Vault
              by dottyblues
              Thank you everyone especially KarlB for finding the pattern.
              Today, 12:20 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by Linda In Phoenix
              So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
              I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
              In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
              I also added the...
              Yesterday, 10:49 PM
            • will8989
              Supermax
              by will8989
              Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
              Yesterday, 10:31 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Help help
              by will8989
              Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
              Yesterday, 10:11 PM
            • KarlB
              Reply to Pattern Vault
              by KarlB
              Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
              Yesterday, 10:05 PM
            Working...
            X