Senior Center Craft Show 11/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Center Craft Show 11/19

Had a show at the Senior Center today. It was steady but a bit less on sales, still I did pretty well, cleared 2x more than I brought. Here are the pics of my booth for the event.

DW
    Attached Files
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Good for you , nice display & good variety.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Looks like you were a busy beaver, DW. You certainly have some beautiful pieces there & very fine looking wood too. I only wish I could get nice wood like that, without sending for it. We don't have any wood available here in Yuma. Only Michael's, Lowes or Home Depot. They don't have the wood I would like to have for the things I like to make. Anyway, you displayed your work well & glad you did well with it. Keep it up.
      PERK

Comment

Great looking set up DW.. How did the sealing of the puzzles help? And I am glad you made some money..You have a nice selection..
        Michael.....Indy..........
        "Dream what to cut, Cut what you dream"
        On Facebook
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Custo...g/177349793474

"EX-21 is my saw for life"

Comment

Great Job DW. Display and items look terrific. Glad everything went so well.

Perk, there is a outstanding wood store in Phoenix and Mesa called woodworkers source. Might be worth the trip lots of hardwood to choose from. check out their web site. A while back I hit their store in Tucson. I live in Ridgecrest Ca and we have almost nothing local. I get alot from San Diego and Oxnard area.
          Mike

Mike Fehring's Artistry in Wood
          http://www.mikefehring.com
          Mike Fehring's Free Patterns

Comment

Originally posted by bluelucky View Post
            Great looking set up DW.. How did the sealing of the puzzles help? And I am glad you made some money..You have a nice selection..
            Sealing the puzzles allows two things one the customer can now pick up the puzzle to look at it better with out having to worry that it is going to fall apart in their hands and two I put a business card with each puzzle.

DW
            John Wayne

Comment

DW, glad to hear that you did pretty well...your variety looks great! Is there one item over another that seems to be selling better than others?
              ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

It depends on the show. Last year I could not keep that 3 piece Madona and babe in stock. This year I only sold one. Small boxes that can be used for gifts. Ones with the wooden ribbons sell well. Gift card holders have been selling, toaster tongs, small bowls, there is no rhyme or reason as to what they are buying. Seems to be that each show is different. This is one of the reasons I put out such a variety of things. You never know what will sell and what will not.

DW
                John Wayne

Comment

Lots of nice items. Did any of handibunny's bowls sell? I'm particularly interested in the large one you had with the everygreens in it. Nice way to display it.
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I did not sell that one Betty it is really the 1st time I actually remembered to put something in it. It will sell though I just need the right buyer to see it. Dry vases are a hard sell sometimes. I do sell the other bowls though and they sell fairly decently one of the better selling bowls has been the stacked bowls. Small ones and larger ones to put bread/rolls into.

DW
                    John Wayne

Comment

Glad you did well. You have some very nice looking pieces there. Putting the greenery in the urn was an attractive touch.

Lou
                      www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

Thanx for the info DW! I'm glad I am not the only one that has a difficult time trying to figure out what sells and what doesn't...too many factors...location, economy, show/festival, blah, blah, blah! For some silly reason I seem to bomb on my ornaments and smaller price points...seem to sell better in the $30-100 range - go figure!?!
                        ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X