todays sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• todays sales

I attended a craft fair/ flea market today. (about 100 vendors) It was indoors and we had quite a good day. I sold about 4 times my average sales! I sold a lot of cedar boxes with inlays in the lids and some toys. Also some wall hung items including crosses, stars, and intarsia. There were at least 6 other wood craft vendors there. Many with very nice stuff, Fretwork, band saw boxes, and intarsia. Better quality than mine, I think, and some good prices also. I expect they did well also.
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Congrats, sometimes when there are more vendors selling the same wares sales go down. You must have had what folks were looking for.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Jim, Glad you had a good show, If you don't mind my asking what size are the boxes your selling? Lance

Comment

Well done

Very well done Jim, sounds as if you sold quite a lot of stuff, a small reward for all your hard work and I find that gratifying, especially as i have a very good day as well at my craft fair. I don't think we will ever realise the true value of the things we create and produce but as I said to one lady yesterday, I have to sell this stuff so I can make some more as i am so addicted to the scroll saw.

Comment

Glad you did OK and you sound happy with the results. I sure you work was just as good or not better then the others. We normally our own toughest critic.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Congrats Jim, you have some sweeeeet stuff and great inlay work, now you will just have to make more, post some pix of the new stuff so we can drool.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

I sold about 20 Boxes. Yes, I now have to replace them for next Saturdays' sale.
              The boxes are made of cedar and measure 11 1/4" by 7 3/4" by 2 3/4" deep. Outside dimensions. I use 3/8" stock. Cedar and oak boxes with inlays of various other woods. Mahogany, walnut, poplar, mesquite and pine. Some boxes I make a little smaller when I have smaller pieces of wood to work with. Here are photos of some of my designs. I did get some orders for some intarsia (two) and orders for 6 boxes made to order. I now have to find some images of what they want and make patterns to do the inlay with. Busy busy....life is good.
              I had a friend with me selling his stuff for the first time. He sold $100 worth of band saw boxes. (three of them)
              Attached Files
              "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Nice stuff Jim...!!!
                It's good when one of our own does well...

Now you'll have all of the fun of restocking your inventory....
                Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                No task is too tedious for Art.
                Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Congrats Jim, it's nice to hear that you had good $ale$!!! I really like your inlay...I need to give it a try sometime! Are you using WRC or Auromatic Cedar? How are your boxes constructed i.e. ring method or basic joinery?

Good Luck for next Saturday!!!
                  ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Eastern red (aromatic) Cedar. I just join the sides at the corners with a miter joint and glue. I then glue the top onto the top edge of the sides and same for the bottom. Just the glue holds it together ,no joinery nor nails. It works well for this small an item.
                    I then trim off excess top and bottom panels and sand flush. I then finish the box and before the final coat of lacquer I cut the top off of the box in my band saw. Attach hinges and final coat of finish and out the door. I make 10 - 20 at a time. I have been selling 20-30 boxes a month. That will slow down a LOT after Christmas.
                    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Thanx Jim for the info!!! That is a good sales record...I hear ya about after Christmas...I'll be curious to see the difference in sales on my boxes, since I just started selling them the past three months.
                      ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

I do not even try to sell anything after Christmas until March. GIves me a chance to do special orders and to restock some items.
                        "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Jim,
                          Great work and glad your show was successful.
                          Mike

Mike Fehring's Artistry in Wood
                          http://www.mikefehring.com
                          Mike Fehring's Free Patterns

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X