What should I charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I charge?

I made this frame for my GF mother-in-law her ex's mother. Greg was her son and he recently passed. She saw the one I made for my daughters grandma and loved it and asked if I'd make her one. I have no idea what to charge her for it. It's made from 1/2" aspen with 1/4" MDF backer. I cut a place for his picture with 1/16" (I think) plexiglas. Took me like 3 days, maybe a total of 12 to 15 hours. Any opinions on cost will be greatly appreciated! Don

Anyone notice anything odd with the plaque?
    Attached Files
    Don

I see you changed font for June and July. You are going to have to charge what you think you deserve and how much they can afford . It is sort of family.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
      Reply to Scrollsaw cds
      by Rolf
      Yes they are.
      https://www.foxchapelpublishing.com/magazines/cds.html
      I have the complete collection It sure saves me a lot of time trying to find a project....
      Today, 08:20 AM
    • Daddy's scroller
      Scrollsaw cds
      by Daddy's scroller
      Are they still making the scrollsaw woodworks an crafts Cds. An if so where can I get them. I haven't seen them anywhere for awhile. Thanks in advance...
      Yesterday, 08:07 PM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      Reply to Weekend project
      by Linda In Phoenix
      Rodney, I will admit I'm in that group. The younger people are too busy with kids and getting a good foothold in careers to have time for hobbies. I know I didn't even start scrolling til my daughter went away to college. I've loved it ever since!
      Yesterday, 04:38 PM
    • Rodney Brown
      Reply to Weekend project
      by Rodney Brown
      Thanks Linda. I have tried a wide (pun intended) verity of thicknesses. I cut a Mother's Day rose that was at least 1 1/2 inches thick. That's where I learned that I was doing too much pushing against the blade and not letting the blade and saw do the work. The thin strips between frets would cut through...
      Yesterday, 04:33 PM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      Reply to Weekend project
      by Linda In Phoenix
      Hi Rodney! Nicely cut. I love the black backing especially.
      Your explanation for the thin 1/4" wood makes total sense when it comes to framing. I did a detailed Iwo Jima on 1/4" as well as 1/8" thick, both framed. The feedback I got from a 60-90 year old group of guys was the...
      Yesterday, 04:19 PM
    Working...
    X