A story and some pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A story and some pictures

When I first joined this forum, I had put my location as Western PA. One of the forum members, Bill Wilson, asked what part of PA I was from. After some back and forth conversations via PM we learned that we really didn't live that far away from each other. We even went to the same high school but graduated in different years. The town where he now lives is home to some relatives of my wife's. I asked him if he knew them, not expecting him to because it is a rather large town. Sure enough, he did not. Remember that point because it is important later in the story.

I told Bill about getting accepted for the first time into a rather large craft show in the area. He said that he and his wife usually make the trek there because of it's size and nice variety of crafts and activities. As the time for the show neared, I PMed Bill and told him where my booth was and mentioned that I hoped he would be able to make it. He said he had a cold but that they were going to try. I was excited about possibly meeting someone from the forum and getting the chance to talk a little shop.

Sunday rolled around. I tried to make sure I stayed at my booth as much as I could in case Bill came by. Finally this guy walks up and asks for me. I look at him and ask if he is Bill. We shake hands and greet each other. I look at the lady beside, who was Bills wife, and we both kind of say "I know you". As it all turns out, Bills wife and my wife are part of the same family. His wife's mother and my wife's mother's mother were sisters maybe. Something like that. I don't really pay attention to the geneology. They have a big family reunion each year in August. The same family reunion that Bill and I have both been attending for the last eight years that I have been married not having any idea who the other person was.

To my own credit, I don't have much time at these things to socialize. My kids keep me way too busy. But now I finally have a reason to attend the family renuion, besides the food and the fact my wife says I have to go, if only for the chance to sit around and shoot the sawdust with Bill for a little while. In between trips to the playground and pool with my kids that is.

Below are some pictures of some of the projects I took to the craft show. My sales were good but I can't say how good because I've never done that show before so had nothing to compare it to. I also did the Sue Mey nativity cross but sold out of those before pictures. I kept forgetting my camera to get pictures of my display too.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by martzy; 10-26-2011, 02:24 PM.
    Keith

Keith that is a fun story. Thank you for sharing it with us and also the pics are great, nice variety of items.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hey Keith, That is a fun story! I met Bill on the phone recently and he is a great guy! Hope to meet him in person sometime.
      Great projects you have there. Congratulations on your successful show!
      Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Hey Keith!

Man, talk about a coincidence! That's a story we'll be telling at the reunion for years to come, I'm sure. I have to admit, I've been attending these reunions on a semi-regular basis for the 33 years we've been married and even one or two when we were dating. I still can't remember some of my wife's family; who is married to who and whose kids belong to who. I just go for the food. I'm pretty sure I'll at least remember you from now on though.

In some of our earlier correspondence, when we discovered that we went to the same high school, you said it was a small world. Little did we know at the time just how small.

In all seriousness, I thought your booth was pretty well laid out and your work was well done. For your first time at that show, you did a good job. Good luck with the Festival of Trees! Guess I'll see you at the reunion next year.
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Very nice story! and nice projects.
          DeWalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X