Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those of you who sell at fairs/festivals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those of you who sell at fairs/festivals...

have you seen this? You may know about it already, but if you don't it looks like it would be the ideal thing for those of you who do booths at fairs and need an easy way of doing credit cards.
    Scroll down to where it says "I take plastic".
    If I start selling, I will be looking into this.

Scroll Saw Blog - Scroll Saw Goodies

There is a thread here on the "square". Your post reminds me that I need to sign up for an account!
    T
    Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Works great. I've used it all summer and it has significantly helped sales in a couple of ways. First, you take cards, great I'll get it after all. Second, add on sales, i.e. Oh you take cards, in that case I'll take one of these along with this. Have not had any issues receiving payments and they recently eliminated the hold back of money over $1000.
      Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
      Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
      Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
      Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Comment

I have just started taking plastic payments this summer and it has increased sales by 50% - 100%. I have a regular credit card machine not connected to my phone. It is wireless and the cost per month is less than a smartphone is. What I like about it is: I have a PAPER with a signiture on it and the customer gets a printed PAPER receipt.
        Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
        "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Jim which system did you settle on?
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Wood-n-things: I just went to my bank and they set me up with the equipment and account and showed me how to work it. The equipment is the same thing you see used in many small restuarants... only mine is wireless. (VariFone is the brand name) Cost me $625 for equipment and $25 a month plus 2% of sales. Plus 22 cents per transaction.
            Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
            "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Jim.
              "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

The Square gizmo is free. No monthly fee. Something like 2.75% per transaction.

I've been using it for about six months and LOVE it.

Comment

Just got my square last month. Hope to be using it alot at my next show in November.

Comment

I was thinking about using Square but... I've been to 3 different shows where they couldn't get satellite coverage for a brief time. Hubby is not so sure about it and thinks I should keep my store & forward but I would like to try it. Maybe I can have both for awhile to see how Square works? Hmmm, now there's a thought. And yes, your sales will increase.
                    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Betty - I was going to suggest you getting it and trying it out. I just went on and signed up. Can't believe how easy it was. And a little "wowed" at the questions they asked to verify I am who I say I am. I think my whole life must be on the internet!
                      T
                      Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Too bad it (square) takes such an expensive phone to use it. With expensive plans.
                        "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

From what I understand this(square) can be used with the Ipod touch or the Ipad, which aren't phones and don't cost nothing to use besides the price to purchase them. Is this correct? if so I'll have to check into it I already have and Ipod touch
                          Clayton

Comment

There are 2 different card readers for smart phones.
                            One is Squareup, it's free along with the apps required. Their only charge is 2.75% of the sale.
                            The other one is "Go" by Intuit. It's also free along with the apps. Their charge is 2.5% of the sale.
                            I would look at both before deciding.

Bill

Comment

I've got Square, too - SO easy. Perfect, especially, for those of us who just do the occasional show, and not regular monthly business. None of the customers I had balked at all at the fact that I couldn't print out a credit card receipt, and every one of them was happy to get an e-mailed receipt. I also offered a paper receipt (hand-written out of my little receipt book) in case they wanted one to take with them.
                              "Beauty will save the world"
                              www.BlakesPA.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                                Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                                Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                                Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by KarlB
                                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                                Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                                by KarlB
                                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X