pictures of business cards??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pictures of business cards??

I am always curious as to what those of you who do scrolling as a business present as a business card. I wanted to share mine just to get opinions but wasn't sure if we were allowed to do that. On the surface I can't see why we wouldn't but I've learned when in doubt, ask.
    So I'm asking...can we post pictures of our business cards? I would love to see some of what the members here present to customers as a way of promoting your business. It might also inspire newcomers.

Bubba
    "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Here is mine from Vista Print. I also have a simple one I print off with card stock.
    Last edited by NC Scroller; 10-14-2011, 04:24 PM.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Very nice; very clean looking. I love the wood grain.

Bubba
      "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

Scott, you might want to fix your image so that your home and cell phone numbers aren't visible out here on the internet.

When I was putting my card together, I put up quite a few versions of it to get feed back from my peers here. Everyone was very helpful, and made me consider things from another perspective. I'm glad I did. I made many revisions until I ended up with a card I really liked...
        Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
        No task is too tedious for Art.
        Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
        Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Personally I don't think it is a great idea to post your personal information on an open forum. However it is up to each individual.
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I'm watching this thread because I'm trying to come up with a name for my woodworking and a business card.
            Cathy's Wood Crafts sounds so generic.
            I was thinking......."Outback Woodshop".
            What do ya'll think?

Comment

I like it if you are from Australia....<grin> How about..Woodshop's Outback!
              "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

My wife came up with another possibility since I don't have a business card yet. She is taking some of my stuff to a craft show tomorrow. She thought some pictures of what I've made along with my contact info could be printed off the computer and then taped to the bags we use when something is sold. She figured we could either tape it on or use some crack and peel from the shop here.

Dan

Comment

I'm not familiar with the term crack and peel? I would not tape it to the bag I'd have them laying out for people to take one and I would place one in each bag. Most important part is to get you and your name out there.

Let us know how the show goes and ask your other half to take some pics.
                  "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Crack and peel is just a type paper we have here at the shop for people who need labels printed. It's split in the back so all you need to do is crack it on the back, peel it off and affix it to whatever.

It will be a first time show for us. It's about an hour and a half from here. Her sister and brother in law go all the time with their stuff. He does mostly oak shelves and oak blanket holders. She's going on her own. It's opening day of pheasant season and I told her way back when that I probably wouldn't be going. My son is really looking forward to going hunting with his dad and grampa even though his arm is still in a cast. (He'll just be walking, not old enough for shotgun yet. Next year) At least her sister and brother in law will be there tomorrow to help her out.

Dan

Comment

Just for the record,
                      I came up with the name Featherwood Woodcrafts because the first thing I attempted to produce for sale was hand carved feathers.

Here's my card for food for thought...

Business_Card fin' x04 for show.jpg

I downloaded a template from Vistaprint for PhotoShop and made a custom card. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out, and the price was pretty good too....
                      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                      No task is too tedious for Art.
                      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Dan,
                        Thanks for the explanation. Hope she has fun and makes some sales too boot.
                        "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
                          I like it if you are from Australia....<grin> How about..Woodshop's Outback!
                          I wish I'd thought of that......
                          And guess what! I just ordered my cards.
                          Oh well......people will get used to it. It'll do.
                          Maybe next time I order cards I could change it. I only ordered 250.

If I change it next time I could have printed on the back...."Previously......"
                          Last edited by Catlyn; 10-14-2011, 12:59 PM. Reason: edited to add comment

Comment

You may be able to contact them and make a change. It is worth a try.
                            "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
                              You may be able to contact them and make a change. It is worth a try.
                              Well it said on the VistaPrint site once the order is placed you can't change it.
                              I'll just deal with it.
                              I will change it next time. Main thing I just wanted to have a card with my name, number and email to attach to the back of my wood pieces so they will know who did it and for contact.
                              But thanks for the suggestion......I will change it next time I order.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                New PC keyboard has an error
                                by jim_mex
                                Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
                                Today, 03:47 PM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Jim - A nice story regarding your son biting the bullet. Congrats to all!

Re your upcoming retirement. I wasn't really looking forward to mine but to be honest, apart from being home based due to this darn virus, I've gotten accustomed to getting up in the morning and deciding what I...
                                Today, 03:32 PM
                              • Quartz43
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Quartz43
                                You have found out about retirement. Busy, busy and busy. And you need more tools!
                                Today, 03:29 PM
                              • wjbclocks1
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by wjbclocks1
                                Enjoy life, Congrat....
                                Today, 01:30 PM
                              • Jim McDonald
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Jim McDonald
                                Good luck getting ANY of that garden space!
                                Today, 01:24 PM
                              Working...
                              X