Branding Irons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branding Irons

Does anyone use branding irons to sign their work, or what do you use.
    Thanks
    Taking It Real Easy
    Doug

Doug's Wood Puzzles and Gallery

Yes, I do use one on projects that are big enough. If it is not big enough for the branding iron, I just sign it with a sharpie.
    Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Could never justify the expense of a branding iron, I just use a sharpie.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I use wood burnner ,which I boughgt at a craft store. and comes with a couple of different points.

Comment

Sorry I only use a branding iron on my steaks.

Comment

If the project allows I take one of my home made business cards and attach it to the back side with M77. Some times the cut the card smaller to fit. Also, I always try to initial and date my work with a sharpie marker.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Got an electric branding iron as a gift--would never have spent the money myself, but I use it all the time. Took a while to figure out the tricks, like having the bottom completely flat and preheating it about 20 minutes, but it's a real time-saver, and folks seem impressed by it. Does take a while to cool down, so it pays to brand a bunch of them at once.
              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

hey, doug! like Montana Mike i'd LOVE to use a branding iron 'cause it think it would look too cool, but can't turn loose of that much money. instead i have a stamp with my name, the company name (Flyin' Pig) and my home town. don't remember the cost of it but the ink lasts forevvvver and it's professional looking. as Forrest Gump said, "that's all i got to say 'bout that."

Comment

I am in the same boat as others...the price of the irons are just to high, so bought some gold lables and print out my company name, and phone # and stick them to the back if there is enough room. Having an iron would be nice, but owing a drum sander will have to come first.
                  Hawaiilad
                  Larry

Comment

I use my wood burning pen. Just can't see buying a branding iron, when I can change my style or size of my signature when I feel like it.
                    PERK

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I also have a hard time parting with the money for a branding iron. With all of the useful suggestions, I am thinking about a stamp. Where can one be purchased? The branding iron is also to large for many of my items. Maybe a simple pen is the answer.
                      Thanks again
                      Taking It Real Easy
                      Doug

Doug's Wood Puzzles and Gallery

Comment

I use all the above, I have an electric branding iron if project is big enough, or I us a sharpie also. I also have a rubber stamp with my name on it which I made myself. Also have a set of metal stamp letters that you use with a hammer. But have not used them much, guess keep forgetting I have them. And have even made a small oval design on the computer and printed a bunch out on paper and use modge podge to put on project as well, so there are a lot of possibilities out there.

Bob

Comment

G'day Doug,
                          I'd love a branding iron, but it's on the want list not the need list.
                          I use a rubber stamp and print my own labels.

I find it's important to label items as "Made in Kalgoorlie". It attracts tourists and I say about 25% of my sales.
                          Regards
                          John
                          "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
                          Some of my Stuff
                          Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

I also rejected the branding iron idea because of the cost, mainly. I print my own labels with "Handcrafted in Nova Scotia" on them plus my website address. Some labels are tiny, some are larger and include a photo of one of my pieces. It's economical and does the job nicely.

Lou
                            www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

I got one from Lee Valley a few years ago, have used it only a few times on special projects. I had to get the non-electric version. It seamt like a good idea at the time, but if I knew how few times i'd actually use it, I probably wouldnt have gotten it.
                              Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X