Celtic knot-shamrock cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtic knot-shamrock cross

My wife fell in love with the shamrock cross pattern in the spring issue of SS&W. So I had to make her one as soon as I found the time. Off course, not being able to leave a good pattern alone, I decided to turn it into a segmentation using some real hard broken pallet wood I 'disposed off' at work. All in all it was a struggle and in the end it was stubborness more than anything else that kept me going. So today finally I got it finished, this despite of a crack in one of the slabs of wood I only discovered after I already cut 3/4 of the pieces. All in all, it turned out no too shabby, I wish I could claim that I deliberately made the lines a little wobbly.and uneven to give the piece a deliberate folksy boho feel, but truth is, that is about the limits of my scrollsawing ability.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Very nice. I thought it was carved.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Not quite carved, although I did go overboard a bit using my Dremel to smoothen the edges of the 'ropes'. Still they were cut out piece by piece, sanded/smoothed and glued into place.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X