Elliot Door label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elliot Door label

For my little nephew Elliot (my nephew Fred's boy), I made this door label with his name and a little addition of his totem animal, the wolf, perched on a rock begging at the moon for a good meal and a nice .....louve!

IMG_2274 (3).jpg

The nameplate is made of maple on a red background (his favorite color), and the moon is a thin piece of marquetry glued on an MDF, and looks like the moon and its craters.... The wolf and the rock are 2 pieces of black plastic, thin, cut with a scalpel, from a drawing found on the WEB, then glued on the wood.
    Its name is cut at scrollsaw
    Finishing with oil + wax
    I had a lot of fun varying it several times with different drawings, before this one. 😊

planeur

Elliot should love it!!! That is so creative and I love your detail filled description. Very nice!!
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Like the design.
      Looks like this could be a great craft show item. An assortment of things to choose from for the left side and then cut the name. Easy to mail when completed.
      "Time to Give Back"

Comment

I like every thing about that sign. What font is it.?
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thank you all, and Rolf I like very much writing with Lucida Handwriting when I can !

planeur

Comment

I really like that. I have an Elliott grandson. I think he needs something like that for his room!
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• markdavd
              Reply to Frustrated
              by markdavd
              When a blade slips out, the tendency is to tighten it more. Make sure you haven't over-tightened the clamp forcing the sides apart. Most OEM clamps are made from soft aluminum so once it starts they will continue spreading and it will be near-impossible to keep the blades in place.

I've...
              Yesterday, 10:03 AM
            • Sandy Oaks
              Reply to Frustrated
              by Sandy Oaks
              Blade slippage is a function of the blade clamp holder and or the set screw and thumb screw with swivel.
              Yesterday, 09:40 AM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to Frustrated
              by NC Scroller
              Tricia what saw do you have? Does the blade slip or it just won’t tighten?
              Yesterday, 08:01 AM
            • wjbclocks1
              Reply to Frustrated
              by wjbclocks1
              Are yoou sure that your not puting the blades to far up in the top clamps,. ( l learned thst the hard way)...
              Yesterday, 07:46 AM
            • cwmagee
              Reply to Frustrated
              by cwmagee
              Have you tried to rough up the thumb screws tips? How old are the blade clamps? may be time to replaced them.
              Yesterday, 06:48 AM
            Working...
            X