Wild horses running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild horses running

I wanted to do something easy yet out of my norm. Found an old book “Artistic Scroll Saw Patterns & Projects” by Patrick Spielman & Dan Kihl. I used a wild horse design they’d done, and changed it up a bit. Appx 22” long, 6” tall. Made from scrap woods I had on hand, and of course I did not stain the wood. The backer (ash) and lip (pine) are adorned with model railroading clumps of material they use for bushes. The horses are: Mahogany, alder, walnut, maple, Aspen, and Poplar.
    Mostly wanted to share because we desperately needed some new fodder for the forum.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Super job Linda. I need to get back in the shop more to add to the "new fodder for the forum".
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thank you! What a beauty! I see just a bit of shaping, amazing how much it enhances the piece. The different woods for the horses is also very nice.
      We most definitely needed some new input.
      I did a bit of turning this afternoon for a change of pace. I will post when done.

Our weather here is really wet, probably for the rest of the week, so I will try to follow your lead and do some project for show and tell even if you did set a high bar.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

When cleaning and rearranging, I pulled the same book out! I’m getting ready for the holidays and want to do something different.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Good looking piece. Like was said, the variety in the horses makes this a special piece.
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Très beau Linda ! Like the choice of wood , and they seem running really!

planeur

Comment

Ok everyone....now we need something new from each of you!
              Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Thank you Linda for sharing. This reminds me of the "Running Wild" intarsia pattern (if I remember correctly it was by Judy Gale Roberts). I bought that pattern, but haven't cut it yet.

Based on your work I just ordered that book to cut the same pattern! I have a few of Patrick's books, but not that one.

Karl
                Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Nice work Linda! - I really like this design.....

...but you are making me feel guilty

I finally got my new shop extension up and running and kitted out with some nice new tools and am itching to get back to scrolling something, but this has to wait for about a month. I'm heading north of the border to Simi Valley, CA at the weekend and will be away for 3 - 4 weeks which at least will give me some time to think about what 'new fodder' I can conjure up to scroll.
                    Last edited by jim_mex; 06-01-2021, 09:25 PM.
                    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to My computer issues.
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      Rolf, if your Picassa file works I want it!!! They cram so much into newer programs that it just complicates things and takes away intuitive stuff. Thank you for checking!
                      Today, 05:55 PM
                    • Rolf
                      by Rolf
                      Linda,
                      Quote, I kept my old computer even though it was barely alive simply due to one particular program...Picassa by Google...which they removed from the market years ago. It worked like a combo photo and editing program but easier. It could take a photo and change it to a line drawing beautifully...
                      Today, 08:41 AM
                    • RJweb
                      by RJweb
                      Buy an apple and keep the computer dr away, RJ...
                      Today, 08:39 AM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to New turning tools
                      by Rolf
                      Thanks for posting Carole, Depending on what other time consuming distractions I have I might just have to do a wavy bowl.
                      Also for reminding me that I have your books on my shelf for inspiration!!
                      This will also be the first time I use the Excalibur to cut the rings instead of fighting...
                      Today, 08:27 AM
                    • NC Scroller
                      by NC Scroller
                      There is a free software package by GLARY Utilities by glarysoft that our local computer club uses to clean junk off do hard drives and defrag. They recommend running it monthly. You should also check for malware which most antivirus software does not prevent.

https://www.glarysoft....
                      Today, 07:57 AM
                    Working...
                    X