Finally Finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Finished!

Hi everyone. I finally finished my Corgi. This was a long time coming for me. I met the lady whose dog I used for the piece at a dog show 2 years ago. We have since become friends. This is one of those "I've been meaning to do's" for a long time! Anyhow, I just finished it today. She is so excited about finally seeing her "Card" made.

I used Western red cedar, aspen, peruvian walnut (dark areas), sycamore(inside ears), ebony (nose and pupils), alder, camphor burl (tongue and part of gums) and cherry (eyes). This is definitely one of my favorite dog designs (if I do say so myself!) I'm not much for using wrc but the color was perfect for him so had to give in!

webcard.jpg

HPIM1638a.JPG
    Janette
    www.square-designs.com

Terrific job! I always enjoy seeing your results.
    Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

Very nice and realistic Janette!
      Jeff Powell

Comment

beautiful work. I don't know when I've seen any better intarsa work. You should be proud of that piece.
        David
        My grandbabies are what keep me going

Comment

Beautiful Janette! I don't know how you constantly outdo yourself. It's awesome.
          Chris
          What! There's no coffee?!!

Comment

How sweet, I just love the eyes. you really did a great job on this one. your friend is just blown away I am sure. you have one great talent. your friend Evie

Comment

It is so life like....it is exactly like the photograph...what awesome work...you certainly are very artistic.
              Nancy

Comment

Thank you so much guys! I am particularly fond of this one (even if it's not a "CAT" !!) It's not a "custom" one per se as it only has about 60 pieces - usually the custom ones are much more. There's just something about the personality in this one that jumps out at you (same with the real one too!).

Today I'm working on a pattern for a custom collie. It's a blue merle, sable and white - boy oh boy what have I gotten myself into! Lots of colors in this one! It's going to be life size. There will be lots of VVVVV's in this one I'm afraid. I'm trying to get a couple of pieces of wood on e-bay that would work very well but not having much luck. I have blue pine but it would be nice to have other complementing woods with similar shades.

I appreciate your comments- it keeps me motivated! Back to the drawing board (literally).
                Janette
                www.square-designs.com

Comment

whooooooo. can't wait to see this one. love the blue mearls. good luck on finding all the great woods you knead. I will keep my eye out also for you. your friend Evie

Comment

G'day Janette,
                    You are a TRUE master.
                    That is magnificent piece of work.
                    Regards
                    John
                    "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
                    Some of my Stuff
                    Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Hi Janette, You have really captured the personality in this piece. An AWESOME job beautifully executed. Steve
                      If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
                      My Gallery
                      [email protected]

Comment

Janette
                        You are a true artist. To bring out personality of the dog the way you did is a rare talent. Awesome work.
                        Dave
                        "Tight's tight, too tight's broken"

My Gallery

Comment

Janette...so beautiful. You truly are amazing.
                          Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Janette, You never cease to amaze me with your artistic ability. Thanks for sharing your success.

Andy
                            Shoot for the moon. If you miss you'll be headed for a star! www.80artdesigns.com

Comment

the expression you capture is amazing. can't wait to see the collie. doug

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X