Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Great Blue Heron

Bonjour scrollsaw nuts 😁

My goal is not to disturb the post of Jo, but just show what I did. And after I saw her beautiful bird, I found that I still have some experience to accumulate ! πŸ™„

So, I finished my Grand Heron ( french name ) end of 2019 , from a photo saw on the web, which I transfert to a cardboard and cut all the parts, and the woods used were Mexican ebony, mahogany, cherry, amaranth, sapelli, cedar, elm.
    Naturally the colors are not necessarily the sames of those beautiful birds, but this one was really glad to be different from its friend....!
    Was my first big projet, which is 36β€œ X 20β€œ, and with 40 differents pieces.
    I made it a little different from the photo, adding or modifying few parts.
    I had the idea to make a little film with the assembling of the part ( put the sound )
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/08hmzs1o9x...e%202.mp4?dl=0
    Very glad of the result, the experience is coming pretty good !
    Tadam :

IMG_0832.jpg
    and if you want to know how I did it ( in french...πŸ˜‰) https://www.lamortaise.com/forum/mar...e-bain?start=0

I am very glad to had discovered the site and all the experts!
    Have a good day.

planeur

Bonjour planeur!

This is very nice project, well cut and shaped. Even though the colors are not true to life the choice of woods you made combine very well together and you should be pleased with the finished piece.

Congratulations on your first big project!! .
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Planeur, you did a beautiful job especially since that was your first attempt at intarsia. Tres Bien..... Oops. I remember more French than I thought.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

You nailed it. Amazingly beautiful.

Comment

Thanks !
          Just wondering if you can see the little video ? With my tablet I cannot...!

planeur

Comment

Originally posted by planeur View Post
            Thanks !
            Just wondering if you can see the little video ? With my tablet I cannot...!

planeur
            Yes I watched the video. Not my kind of music but Very Impressive.
            Last edited by NC Scroller; 02-26-2021, 06:56 AM.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Very nice job and good choice in colors. Thanks for sharing. Hope to see more posts.
              "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Reply to Need any wood?
                by will8989
                Figured it out. The photos were Live and I had to edit them. As you can see, we were quite lucky they didn’t come crashing down in a storm. The last picture was a 2 trunk tree. My son already split a truck load today.

Next project, the roofer next week. Yippee....
                Yesterday, 08:56 PM
              • handibunny
                Reply to Need any wood?
                by handibunny
                Betty, I just tried a test, using a standard jpeg file. I clicked "upload attachments", then selected the photo I wanted to upload, then double clicked the photo, and it uploaded without a problem. Go figure!
                Yesterday, 12:07 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Need any wood?
                by will8989
                When I try to upload pictures, why is there an X next to upload attachments? I hate computers.
                Yesterday, 09:14 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to Need any wood?
                by will8989
                Here’s the pics. Or not. Won’t let me upload. Will try in the morning.
                04-19-2021, 09:53 PM
              • will8989
                Need any wood?
                by will8989
                we had to have 2 trees taken down over the weekend. As you can see by the centers, Mother Nature was close to dropping them on our house, shed and truck. When he made the first cut the one directly behind our bedroom, it hit the ground and exploded. The one behind the shed was 100’ feet tall and had...
                04-19-2021, 09:34 PM
              Working...
              X