Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Great Blue Heron

Bonjour scrollsaw nuts 😁

My goal is not to disturb the post of Jo, but just show what I did. And after I saw her beautiful bird, I found that I still have some experience to accumulate ! πŸ™„

So, I finished my Grand Heron ( french name ) end of 2019 , from a photo saw on the web, which I transfert to a cardboard and cut all the parts, and the woods used were Mexican ebony, mahogany, cherry, amaranth, sapelli, cedar, elm.
    Naturally the colors are not necessarily the sames of those beautiful birds, but this one was really glad to be different from its friend....!
    Was my first big projet, which is 36β€œ X 20β€œ, and with 40 differents pieces.
    I made it a little different from the photo, adding or modifying few parts.
    I had the idea to make a little film with the assembling of the part ( put the sound )
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/08hmzs1o9x...e%202.mp4?dl=0
    Very glad of the result, the experience is coming pretty good !
    Tadam :

IMG_0832.jpg
    and if you want to know how I did it ( in french...πŸ˜‰) https://www.lamortaise.com/forum/mar...e-bain?start=0

I am very glad to had discovered the site and all the experts!
    Have a good day.

planeur

Bonjour planeur!

This is very nice project, well cut and shaped. Even though the colors are not true to life the choice of woods you made combine very well together and you should be pleased with the finished piece.

Congratulations on your first big project!! .
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Planeur, you did a beautiful job especially since that was your first attempt at intarsia. Tres Bien..... Oops. I remember more French than I thought.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

You nailed it. Amazingly beautiful.

Comment

Thanks !
          Just wondering if you can see the little video ? With my tablet I cannot...!

planeur

Comment

Originally posted by planeur View Post
            Thanks !
            Just wondering if you can see the little video ? With my tablet I cannot...!

planeur
            Yes I watched the video. Not my kind of music but Very Impressive.
            Last edited by NC Scroller; 02-26-2021, 06:56 AM.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Very nice job and good choice in colors. Thanks for sharing. Hope to see more posts.
              "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                Reply to Wood identification needed
                by Rolf
                This site should be on every woodworkers computer. https://www.wood-database.com/ As has been said the first image is Wenge....
                Today, 07:38 AM
              • handibunny
                Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
                by handibunny
                I couldn't resist (too long since any new toys) and ordered a blacklight flashlight from Amazon--same price as Harbor Freight. Should be here Tuesday--can't wait to see all the glue spots I've missed.
                Today, 07:01 AM
              • handibunny
                by handibunny
                If you google "Moradillo" you'll get more information than you'll ever need. It looks like it will work up beautifully.
                Today, 06:59 AM
              • dgman
                by dgman
                The first picture is Wenge, pronounced WHEN-ghay or WHEN-Gii. It is a very hard wood. It’s splintery and very hard to cut. When finished, it is almost black. I use it when I need a black wood for Intarsia. I do not know anything about the other wood.
                Yesterday, 10:40 PM
              • vgraf
                Wood identification needed
                by vgraf
                I have a new neighbor who did a lot of woodworking in the past but had to give it up because of allergies. He sold his shop equipment and wood stockpile when he moved here, however he kept a few pieces of fancy wood and showed them to me. The first one (First Photo) he had no idea what it was. It is...
                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
              Working...
              X