The Viking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Viking

I haven't been active on this forum for awhile, but I just finished a project that I wanted to share. I found artwork online and tracked down the artist. Yannis Rubulias lives in Athens Greece and gave permission to use his artwork for the pattern. It took many hours to trace over the design and it ended up to be 350 pieces. It was certainly a challenge. Final size - 16.75 x 24.75.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Beautiful work, RJ
    Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Exquisite! Your work is amazing.
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Awesome design, wood choice, cutting and shaping.

Comment

Oh my gosh, that is most amazing! To take a drawing and convert it to a masterpiece like that - amazing!

Karl
          Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

That is amazing!
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Jo, it is an amazing piece of work. Has the artist seen what you did with his work?
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rolf, I have been sending him progress photos. He has been liking watching it come to life. His last comment was, "Awesome!". He is an artist who draws for graphic novels, and things like Dungeons & Dragons. Buxom beauties in scanty clothes, dragons, muscular warriors, that kind of thing. Several people have requested permission to use the pattern and he has agreed, as long as they are making it for personal use and not selling it. I think I have piqued his interest in doing more designs that could be made into patterns for intarsia.

Comment

Jo that is exciting! After all how many birds etc can one make, new designs are always exciting, keeps the juices flowing.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

That is a lot of detail. What did you use for the eyes? Just great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Trackman View Post
                      That is a lot of detail. What did you use for the eyes? Just great work!
                      I must confess, I used acrylic paint for the eyes. Otherwise, the rest is the natural wood color, though some is spalted.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X