Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    Wow, Scott, they all look great. Maybe I should put that on the list.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Thanks Scott

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolf View Post
    Well done, I actually like the top ribbon, except you should do that to the other side to balance it out. Is the pattern on his web site?
    https://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.c...mas-bells.html

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Well done, I actually like the top ribbon, except you should do that to the other side to balance it out. Is the pattern on his web site?

Leave a comment:

• Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    I like them all. Even the one on top you didn't care for the carving effect. I never get 2 real ribbons to look perfect or even the same. Yours are....life-like! Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• scrollerpete
    replied
    Real nice, it seems lot’s of work but well worth it with the results.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    started a topic Steve Good Intarsia Ornaments

Steve Good Intarsia Ornaments

Steve Good recently had a simple intarsia ornament on his blog. I have been playing around with it. Not the best picture. First I reduced it to 75%. Then I added a vein line into the tails of the ribbon. Finally I contoured the top so it kinda rolls back. I am not very happy with the carving effect on the top one. That is maple and cedar. On the bottom two the bells are yellow heart. They look more gold in person than the picture. The bow on the right is cedar. The bow on the left is some red wood scrap I found. The backing is stained BB.

Comments are welcome.

Steve G intarsia ornament.jpg
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X