JGR Hummingbird finally done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGR Hummingbird finally done

I think I actually started this back in 2018 or 2019. What ever the date it was way to long in coming. As I get myself back into the shop I am trying to focus on some of my many works in progress. For the record I have two other JGR intarsia projects in various stages to tackle now. While I think I cut most of the parts when I first started this one I did remake a few parts in the last week and I decided to do some additional shaping. It is a minor miracle that I still had all the small pieces. The red on the throat is from a piece of flame box elder. I used maple and western cedar for most of body. The flower is yellow heart and maple. The leaves and stem are poplar. The backer is maple plywood. Thanks for your support.

JGR Hummingbird 2020.jpg
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Nice work!
    cwmagee
    aka Fibber
    Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Your bold choice of color and grain contrasts in the hummingbird are to be commended. We have hummingbirds come around our home every day, and the prettiest ones have more contrast. Very nice!
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

A work of art, Scott.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

very nice work

Comment

Very pretty.
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

You did a great job. The cuts are tight and excellent shaping. I see too many that every piece is just rounded. You have shaped each piece appropriately.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X