Gnome #2 of the series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gnome #2 of the series

The Gnome on the left with the bulb or ornament is the second of three from Bruce Worthington. I did the one with the tree for last Christmas sales this little guy will be for this year.
    They are both segmentation. I wanted bright colors. 20200402_163759 (Large).jpg I also modified the design by adding the base so he stands on his own. Fast and fun.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

What is the base? Looks like natural wood, wire brushed, and hit with a torch.
    Should be a big seller.
    "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Great Job Rolf!!! Those are so cute. They should sell quickly.
      www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

You are sure tempting me. Since you did it as segmentation what wood did you use?
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Scott, Last year I used soft pine from some old shelving, I was not all that happy with that, so this year I am using poplar, I think a better choice. I will make both in true Intarsia at some point for our own tree but that would make them too pricey for my intended market. I sold last years for $25.

Wayne on the base I used a Kutzall course flame shaped burr in a master carver hand piece. A small stiff wire wheel would probably work also. I am using a small bernzomatic butane torch for a bit more control, I did get a bit heavy handed at one end. Ram Power carver (Small).jpg
          Last edited by Rolf; 04-03-2020, 07:50 AM.
          Rolf

Comment

Really like them Rolf. Need to get some cut out. I believe I had the patterns cut up to do Intarsia ones then didn’t get to it. I think I might do some segmentation ones first now. What did you paint them with? Regular acrylic paints or Unicorn Spit or something else?
            Melanie from East TN

Comment

Red, Green and Orange are alcohol dye the rest is acrylic. I like the variation in color that I get when using the dye's as it soaks in differently in the grain transitions.
              Rolf

Comment

FYI not allowed to use anything that has a flame attached to the end. Per Bruce. And yes, I cut 6" off my hair, no more almost catching it on fire.
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X