Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    The dalmation is great, but the baseball player is spectactular. You do great work.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    I don't know why I never picked up on this before, but I really like your postscript "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Leave a comment:

• Jim Finn
    replied
    Originally posted by theframer View Post
    Okay Jim, I have to ask, is that your pattern of a batter? If so, you are talented beyond words. That box is a treasure for all us Yankee fans.

Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks Scott; No, not my drawing. I am no artist.

Leave a comment:

• theframer
    replied
    Okay Jim, I have to ask, is that your pattern of a batter? If so, you are talented beyond words. That box is a treasure for all us Yankee fans.

Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Finn View Post
    Today I am working on making twenty two boxes with inlay. Same old patterns I have, made and sold in the past. This one takes a bit longer to do than most.

Baseball player.jpg
    I am at loss for words. Beautiful!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jim Finn
    replied
    Today I am working on making twenty two boxes with inlay. Same old patterns I have, made and sold in the past. This one takes a bit longer to do than most.

Baseball player.jpg

Leave a comment:

• theframer
    replied
    WOW

What a great job Jim. Every time you show us a new box, it's better than the previous one. Rolf is correct, you are the MASTER.

Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Finn
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolf View Post
    As I have said before you are the master of Inlay. You also seem to have access to some of the most beautiful Cedar.
    Chalk line chalk? Is that the powder that we use in construction chalk lines? if so I have only ever seen blue.
    Thank you for the kind words.
    I have seen, and used, chalk line chalk on construction sites and have seen orange, red, white, green, and blue but never black. I researched it and found it on line. I was running out of ebony sanding dust so...

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    I saw this one on another forum. I like your explanation of the spots.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    As I have said before you are the master of Inlay. You also seem to have access to some of the most beautiful Cedar.
    Chalk line chalk? Is that the powder that we use in construction chalk lines? if so I have only ever seen blue.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• RJweb
    replied
    very nice piece, RJ

Leave a comment:

• Jim Finn
    started a topic Dalmatian Inlay

Dalmatian Inlay

I made this cedar box with a Dalmatian inlayed into the hinged lid. Box measures 8"x6"x2". Maple inlaid into cedar with black, chalk line chalk, mixed in white glue for the spots. This is a special order for a relative.

Dalmatian.jpg

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X