Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolf
    replied
    Melanie I have made the one pictured in the link provided but a did my Chickadee a bit different.

Leave a comment:

• meflick
    replied
    Thanks for sharing, since it was a JGR pattern, but knowing some might not be able to find that old of an issue, but might want a chickadee, I checked her website and she has one for sale there. Not sure if it is same or little different from the magazine. It can be found here: https://intarsia.com/products/i-335-...f72a569f&_ss=r

she notes there that it is also In her “Small Intarsia Projects” Book (with some modifications) for anyone who may have that book.

Leave a comment:

• GladeFade
    replied

Scott asked -------So who is the designer?
    It was in a Wood magazine Issue 101 Dec 97 pg 92.
    Intarsia by Judy Gale Roberts.
    Who else :-)

Leave a comment:

• Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    Adorable and a great use of smaller drop pieces. $15 sounds good

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Originally posted by GladeFade View Post
    Here is something I made and they are selling like hotcakes.
    Had some 1/4 in stock in various woods. Hot melt glued up a block of walnut, maple, oak, and cherry. Put the chickadee pattern on it and cut out the pieces.
    Had the makens of 4 birds, mixed up all the pieces and then glued them together. Cut them with a #3 FD solar blade.
    Then sanded on belt sander, put in a hole, hit the flap sander dipped in oil and then put in some fish line to hang with.
    Whole process took just over an hour of my time. Not bad for a 1 eyed retiree.
    Took 2 batched to s show and they sold quickly! I was asking $8 a piece, think I will raise the price.
    So who is the designer?

Leave a comment:

• meflick
    replied
    Those are beautiful and count me in the raise your price group.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    My favorite little bird. I like the stack cut idea.

Leave a comment:

• GladeFade
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Leave a comment:

• Tango
    replied
    I really like your little birds. It is a great idea to stack cut them and end up with multiple birds. I agree with Scott, I would sell them for $15 especially since you are cutting them from hard woods.

I was also making chickadee's this weekend for my new project. Mine are a lot smaller. If you want a little different design to add to your collection, I can share my pattern. I will even try to re-size them to match to pattern that you currently have. I did paint mine to match to my project, but they could easily be cut from different woods that you used for your birds.

Here is my finished little birds:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    $8 a piece for such wonderful work is a crime. $10, $12 or even $15 is a better price. When I stack cut I try to judge the price by how long it takes to make one.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    Those are super beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• Jim McDonald
    replied
    I did something similar a few years, back--but can't remember the project now! Old age is getting to me more every day.

Leave a comment:

• GladeFade
    started a topic chickadee

chickadee

Here is something I made and they are selling like hotcakes.
    Had some 1/4 in stock in various woods. Hot melt glued up a block of walnut, maple, oak, and cherry. Put the chickadee pattern on it and cut out the pieces.
    Had the makens of 4 birds, mixed up all the pieces and then glued them together. Cut them with a #3 FD solar blade.
    Then sanded on belt sander, put in a hole, hit the flap sander dipped in oil and then put in some fish line to hang with.
    Whole process took just over an hour of my time. Not bad for a 1 eyed retiree.
    Took 2 batched to s show and they sold quickly! I was asking $8 a piece, think I will raise the price.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X