New project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project

I haven't done a real Intarsia project for a while so decided it was time. This is based on a painting done by one of my wife's relatives. Painted in 1922, called the north fork homestead.
    I used the Pattern Wizard program to create my pattern, It will be around 13" x 9-1/2 when done.
    lots of little pieces and I can't wait to start the shaping. Now it is all about the wood selection and cutting. I forgot how much fun this is. This is only the second time I have made my own pattern.
    I am not sure what I will do with the background yet. Tugboat work in progrss 2 (Large).jpgTugboat original (Large).jpg
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

My, Rolf, that will be a work of art.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Great job Rolf!!! That will be a master piece when you are finished. One suggestion for the background... You could possibly look at scrapbook pages. There are some great ones that look like clouds and could be perfect for that project. I have used them on a couple of my projects and the pages actually enhance the final results.
      www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

Looking good.Thanks for sharing

Comment

All I can say is WOW. JGR might have to take a lesson from you.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments. here is an update.
            The boats will get risers.
            Tango, I have thought about that but I am not sure I want to do that. The trees will get lots of green. I can also print the original image and use it if need be for the sky and water.
            Have you seen Judy's most recent work on the dogs? If I am ever able to scratch the surface of here skills in my life time, I will be happy.
            Tugboat work in progrss 4 (Large).jpg
            Rolf

Comment

Rolf, that intarsia is really starting to look nice. I'm not familiar with the software you used, but your pattern came out really good.
              Sounds like the family is made up of artists, your wife's relative did a very nice brush work on that piece. Thanks for sharing.
              Rick
              Just because the circus left town, doesn't mean the Monkey's off your back

Comment

Knowing it is in your DNA to do a top notch job, I looking forward to the progress.
                cwmagee
                aka Fibber
                Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

You are doing an awesome job and I can't wait to see more!
                  Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished project. It is off to a great start.
                    "Time to Give Back"

Comment

‚Äč I did a bit more yesterday. with some rough shaping. I have to be real careful with perspective on this piece, so I am spending a lot of time just staring at it. I will say that having a broad selection of sanding and detailing tools makes the process so much easier. Especially for the tiny pieces, the Vortex really is a jewel to use. Looking at photos really shows me things that I don't see and need to fix when looking at it.
                      Tugboat work in progress 6(large).jpg
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Rolf; 01-25-2020, 09:56 AM.
                      Rolf

Comment

This is such a wonderful piece already---and the photography is great too!
                        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Looks like it will be absolutely stunning when it's finished. You do have an artist's eye.

And you're right about the photography--it shows what IS, not what we wish were there. That's why Photoshop is such a valuable tool for photos going to print!

However, knowing you, you can't help but make it right! Looking forward to seeing the next step.
                          Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Coming along great. Remember we are often our own worst critics.
                            Scott
                            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

WOW !
                              Looking GOOD

There at Rolf's shop, "Progress Is Our Most Important Product"

For those of you who don't recognize the quote, you're way to young to be on this site with us old bags.
                              Rick
                              Just because the circus left town, doesn't mean the Monkey's off your back

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X