X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Jim.

I started on the background today.
    DSC02761 k(2).jpg
    Just living is not enough said the butterfly. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. (Hans Christian Andersen)

Scroll Saw Projects

Comment

This is turning out beautifully. I scanned through the posts about 3 times and must be blind, so my apologies---what woods did you use?
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Linda, I use smoked oak and maple.
        Just living is not enough said the butterfly. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. (Hans Christian Andersen)

Scroll Saw Projects

Comment

There is some progress since my last post.

DSC02809 k(3).JPG

Scroll Saw Projects

Comment

Some more progress:

DSC02953 (3)).JPG

Scroll Saw Projects

Comment

You have the patience of a saint. This pattern is very challenging. You are making amazing progress on it.
              Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Thank you, Jo. I am looking forward to completing the upper half. Even when all pieces are scrolled there is work for approximately two more weeks: adjusting the pieces, glueing them and doing some polish. Afterwards the great question of how to go on, because the work is really large...

Scroll Saw Projects

Comment

The upper half is nearly finished, some adjustments are still to be made. This weekend I prepared the backer board and put the zebras on it - nothing is glued up to now. On my "second zebra-workstation" I will start the lower half after a little time of recreation.

IMG_3864 (2) k.JPG
                  Attached Files

Scroll Saw Projects

Comment

Things are going forward very slowly because of my damaged shoulder. Surgery next week and afterwards at least 4 weeks of doing nothing. Hard times to come...

IMG_20191130_154443klein.jpg

Scroll Saw Projects

Comment

Good luck with the surgery. Make sure to listen to the doctors and do your PT.
                      Scott
                      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Like Scott said, Listen to the doctor and Physical therapy is a must. Injury or just wear and tear?
                        Rolf
                        RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Sorry to hear about your surgery, but it will be nice to be out of pain! I had shoulder surgery about 20 years ago. It was a long time to full recovery, but I did as Scott suggested and followed all the instructions carefully, and it worked out just fine.

It might be helpful before the surgery to think about anything that might make it easier to function during recovery, such as pants with elastic waistbands, large shirts that are easy to put on, and nothing that has to be fastened in the back. There are even forks that also function as a knife so you can eat with one hand!

Let us know how the surgery goes; you'll be back in action before you know it!
                          Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I will join the chorus of well wishers and those who tell you not to push yourself post-op.
                            Those zebras are not going to run off, they will wait patiently for you to get back into shape.
                            Jim
                            When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                            Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I will be a patient patient (haha) and I do hope that things will turn out well. It has not been an injury - my shoulder has worked for me for nearly 60 years now and it seems it needs some caretaking, now. Carole, I try to be well prepared, thanks for the hints!

Scroll Saw Projects

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X