I needed a shaping fix Gnome Segmentation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I needed a shaping fix Gnome Segmentation

Gnome with tree #1 (Small).jpg Someone had posted a picture of some Gnomes designed by Bruce Worthington. I got the patterns at the end of December.
    They are really adorable. I did not want to do intarsia as I wanted these to pop, and I like to save my special woods for other types of projects.
    This was cut out of one piece of 3/4 Poplar segmentation style. I used a #1 Pegas modified geometry 13.5 TPI. It gave me a very thin kerf.
    Shaping was lots of fun and I got to use my Christmas present to add detail.
    I will make six of these for next Christmas sales. And a different one the following year. There are three of them. I used alcohol dyes and paint.
    He is 4" tall.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Really great work and lots of Rolf quality detail. Love the segmentation idea.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

We’ll guess I will have to get those patterns and add to my stock. Love the bright colors.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

He turned out great Rolf. I really like him with the color. Thanks for sharing.
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

Thats really great looking, I can see them selling well, RJ
          Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Those look like a lot of fun and should go quickly at your sale.
            Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Great job Rolf.

This little guy is sure to give the folks at your club another of your pieces to be envious of.
              Rick
              Just because the circus left town, doesn't mean the Monkey's off your back

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X