Bag Lady

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bag Lady

This Bag Lady pattern is from Judy Gale Roberts. I kept thinking of it as a self-portrait, though I don't wear heels and my hair is short. I am a crazy cat lady, though!
    Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Neat! What a reward for hours of work.
    ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Excellent. Maybe the next version you can modify and make a true self portrait with short hair and flat shoes. Then add a few cats around the feet and maybe one on the top of that hat. I have seen your work and you are quite capable of doing so. I am not a cat person, but I am like you, no longer do the heels. I told my daughter one day she too would understand. Comfort was much more important now.
      Melanie from East TN

Comment

My daughter just calls me the crazy lady. And I miss my stillettos. As always, wonderful work.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

That is a funny one. Excellent work as usual.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Wow that’s a fun piece. Nice work.

Comment

Gotta love that "Come Hither" look. Really nice work, Jo.
              Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

That is a wonderful piece. Sure made my day!
                Denny
                ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

That is terrific. First thing that came from me was a laugh followed by a smile that is still there.

Comment

I forgot to mention the woods used. Hat, ebiara with padauk band and yellowheart flower. Her hair is black limba, face red grandis with redheart nose and bubinga cheeks. Lips and eyelids aromatic cedar, walnut lashes, aspen and ebonized walnut eyeballs. The dress is curly cherry with zebrawood & ebiara patches and walnut belt. Petticoat is soft maple. Cute kitty is different shades of sycamore in a redheart bag. The shoes are ebonized walnut, scuffed and sanded to look worn and shabby.
                    Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
                      Tiger fretwork
                      alexscrollsaw
                      Tiger fretwork, 450 cuts
                      Size 10x13 inches (without frame), birch plywood, 1/6 inch, gloss varnish
                      pattern is available at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlexFoxUA

Today, 04:03 AM
                    • will8989
                      Conversation with Bruce
                      will8989
                      Me: I can’t believe I’m almost out of wood. Only 2small pieces of cherry and some poplar. No wood, no baskets for Wednesday night. Bruce: well, where is the wood? Me: in the bank. Bruce: what’s it doing in the bank? Me: seriously? He went to the carpenter shop where the sawmill is for Elm and...
                      Today, 12:56 AM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Farmers Mkt today
                      will8989
                      Another great day yesterday, almost a sell out!!! Sold all but 3 Small baskets, some card holders and a few other things. Repeat customers. Freezing cold!!! Now, what do I take for Wednesday night?
                      Today, 12:40 AM
                    • hotshot
                      Reply to Coin Cutting Weekend
                      hotshot
                      Sorry, I totally missed this question, for CorelDraw, crop you pattern to the edges on all sides, then scale the pattern to 100mm x 100mm then export that to PDF. What that does is than anyone can take you pattern then make it fit any coin by just printing to a percentage that matches the size of the...
                      Yesterday, 11:44 PM
                    • Quartz43
                      Reply to epoxy
                      Quartz43
                      I have used several different epoxy. I use 5 and 15 minute epoxy for most things. I use the Bob Smith brand from Amazon. I mix it in small pill cups and measure by weight with a cheap small digital scale. One does need to be careful as it is not mixed one to one by weight and you have to check directions....
                      Yesterday, 06:51 PM
                    Working...
                    X