Military intarsia, work in progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military intarsia, work in progress

I recently did a kickstarter campaign to do a bunch projects for my military folks. I have about 10 pieces in total, and wanted to share the progress of it. The pictures below are still work in progress, but all they need at this point is some lacquer, maybe a clear UV protectant, and a frame. I am planning on making the frames myself as well.

Feel free to check out the kickstarter as well. It was a fun campaign and I enjoyed doing it! Each piece has brought a new kind of challenge and I've been trying new techniques to overcome them. With this series of projects I've had to learn and use woodburning, carving (with hand chisels, not power carving or shaping), and inlay.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...a-for-veterans
    IMG_3030.jpgIMG_3029.JPGIMG_3031.jpg

Excellent workmanship !

Comment

Very nice work! I've done two or three custom unit crests for military or retired military. The fun begins when trying to make small fleur de lis that a lot of the Cav and armor units love.

Keep it up.
      Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Beautiful.you did a great job.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Well done very nice work

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X