Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    He looks like something straight out of the zoo! When needing to use diluted acrylic paint, I've found the best results by slightly moistening the wood with water first. The colors seem to be much less paint like and the grain shows better--almost like a good stain. Nicely done.

Leave a comment:

• Hobbyhorse
    replied
    Nice one Wayne.

We do not have tree frogs in New Zealand but I do have memories of eating at Al Capones pizza hut in St Lucia, in the Caribbean, in the mid 80s and being accompanied by them.

Leave a comment:

• Gary beasley
    replied
    Alcohol based dyes dont hide the grain but you will have to figure the color of the wood in with the dye color when planning the final result.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    Very well done.

Leave a comment:

• Scrappile
    replied
    That is an awesome piece of art!

Leave a comment:

• Misouri Wayne
    started a topic Tree Frog

Tree Frog

Just completed the Tree Frog designed by Kathy Wise. The belly is Osage Orange. Great color, just wish it would stay that way.
    The leaves are poplar. It was nicely figured but need more color so I washed with diluted acrylic paints. Didn't get the color I really wanted but close. Even diluted paints seem to cover the natural patterns in the wood. Would using dye get me color without hiding the grain?

Wife like it and wants to hang upstairs but wants something to go with it as a matched pair. I guess it is back to the books and magazines downstairs to find something.

"Time to give back."

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Hobbyhorse
    Desk top music stand
    by Hobbyhorse
    A desk top music stand using one of Steve Good's patterns, made from 45,000 year old swamp kauri and finished with lacquer. The centre scrolled portion is 3 layers of the kauri at 3mm thick and laid up like plywood. I saw this pattern on one of Sandy's cuttings and rather liked it and put it i my to...
    Today, 03:18 AM
  • leehljp
    Reply to Canisters or Bags
    by leehljp
    I have two DC units and use bags too. I have not used canisters because of what you said concerning price, and my experience with mini canister use on shop vacs. My experience in shop vacs and specifically the large FEIN 8 year old unit - is that the canister on it gets filled rather quickly; logic...
    Yesterday, 09:47 PM
  • millwab
    Reply to House warming puzzle
    by millwab
    I usually don’t give anyone a picture either. Even my Christmas card puzzles go into the envelope unassembled with no indication of what the card looks like. For this one I made up my own card for them (complete with pictures) and put the envelope inside the box. Before they opened it I warned them...
    Yesterday, 08:35 PM
  • Will M
    Reply to House warming puzzle
    by Will M
    Well done.I have been doing the same thing for my neighbors.After I take a picture of their house I add their names to it on the sidewalk.I don't give them a picture of it when I give it to them.They are really surprised when they get it together.
    Will M
    Yesterday, 07:35 PM
  • Jim McDonald
    Reply to Help
    by Jim McDonald
    Put the hammer down and slowly walk away. Twenty years of selling and supporting electronics taught me some new language and that a hammer is a poor choice for installing printer drivers. ...
    Yesterday, 06:15 PM
Working...
X