Intarsia owl mounted on birch branches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intarsia owl mounted on birch branches

I've made this owl several times with different woods. It's good on it's own, but when you add natural branches to the back, the owl just comes to life naturally. Every time I make one like this, it finds a new home quite quickly. The client this one's for wanted to keep the price down---although it's still a spectacular gift for his mom for Mother's Day. We chose to use walnut, maple, aspen, basswood, cocobolla, and cherry....with birch branches behind. Ebony stain applied eyes and talons. Finished size including the branches, 16" across and 24" high. The hardest part---attaching the branches so they stay put.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Linda, that is a beautiful piece. I love the branches. Really does bring it to life.
    AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

You're right - those branches make it look like real life. Neat idea - and great work on the owl.
      Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Linda that is absolutely stunning. All of your work is art, but this is something special.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Now that! is a backer. Really beautiful.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Looking good!!! I am going to have to give in an try intarsia some time.

Comment

Linda that is a perfect touch. It is the little things that make a project a real work of art.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Beautiful project Linda and the branches take it up another level. Thanks for sharing.
                Melanie from East TN

Comment

Love this idea! You've taken a lovely piece of intarsia and made it a work of art.
                  Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Always nice to see a unique touch added to an already lovely project! Everyone will be delighted with it.
                    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Beautiful, stunning.
                      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

That Looks Amazing.

Comment

Delivered the owl Friday. The guy who bought it was going to give it to his mom for Mother's Day. That changed. Says now that he's seen it, he can't wait that long. It will be a Valentine's gift. His mom's going to get spoiled!
                          Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Bet you were thrilled with his reaction. You deserve all the warm fuzzy feelings with this beautiful project.
                            Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Hobbyhorse
                              Reply to Out on the Farm
                              Hobbyhorse
                              Well that is something different ... good one!
                              Today, 04:09 PM
                            • Labtechjc
                              Reply to Out on the Farm
                              Labtechjc
                              This one is mine. I have the Photoshop file to prove it too! But the moose that I mentioned was the inspiration. Thinking about doing some more, but have to find some silhouettes that I like first.
                              Today, 12:36 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to It’s getting real
                              will8989
                              I asked Bruce this morning if this is really happening? Emptying cabinets and will start taking down uppers over the week-end! LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time getting to this point. Budget is great. I still have $1900 left budgeted for the kitchen, not including appliances...
                              Today, 12:34 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Coloring Wood question
                              will8989
                              Thanks. I'll have to check the analyne dyes I have. I use the powered and mix as needed for the birds for the bird houses. Good post. Gave me some new ideas besides paint.
                              Today, 12:27 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Out on the Farm
                              will8989
                              That is neat!!! Your pattern or did you buy it?
                              Today, 12:24 PM
                            Working...
                            X