Nativity for donation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nativity for donation

This is my donation for our Churches fall Harvest fair live auction. The pattern is in a German magazine Feinschnitt Kreativ . I am not entirely sure who the artist is The article was done by Holger Pfannkuch but the pattern says Reinhard Leps. I am a bit rusty and not entirely happy with it but still love this design. Joseph is Butternut, Cedar, Wenge, Walnut and a bit of Redheart. Mary is Cherry, Aspen and Walnut. Star is yellowheart ,cherry roof. The base was a piece of rough sawn mystery wood that I left a sort of natural edge on.20170911_182001 adj (600 x 318).jpg
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Nice work.thanks for sharing.

Comment

Rolf that is just beautiful. I see no rust at all. You are too hard on yourself.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Very will done.
        AKA Paul from Washington State
        Hegner Multimax 22-V and Seyco ST-21

Comment

Classic subject with a nice contemporary design, clean look and feel. I like it a lot, well done Rolf!
          ---Joel; Central MD...rookie empter nester and getting back into woodworking!

Comment

I wish I was rusty, that is a beautiful piece, RJ
            Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Rusty? I can show you rusty. Beautiful as always.
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Funny thing, my nick name growing up was Rusty, RJ
                Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

So simple and so powerful at the same time. Great work!

"Time to give back."
                  "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Rolf,

As usual great work!
                    cwmagee
                    aka Fibber
                    Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Rolf, that is a wonderful piece. If there is any "rusty" it must be on the back, because the front part is awesome.

Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Rolf, that is beautiful. I like the way Joel put it.
                        Denny
                        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Like everyone else, I'm not sure where the "rust" shows through. Beautiful work. I got that german magazine after you had shared about it before for this pattern. Life has gotten in the way in many ways and I had actually forgotten about it. Need to pull it out and see if I want to attempt this beautiful piece. I am sure my rust will show much more than yours. Thanks for sharing and reminding me!
                          Melanie from East TN

Comment

Rolf
                            Very beautiful and so elegant. I love the simplicity of the design for the figures.

Comment

Rolf, turns out the design is neither by Pfannkuch nor by Leps. Apparently Leps did the pattern for scroll sawing and Pfannkuch the article with the photos The design itself is by Ernesto Ochoa Sainz, from Spain.
                              People will always throw stones in your path. What will you build?
                              Yoga patterns at https://www.etsy.com/shop/beatrixpodder
                              Things I may have scrolled: http://niftywoodwork.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X