Greek Coptic Cross

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greek Coptic Cross

An artist (painter) asked me to make a cross that would resemble the one in a picture he supplied to me, and using some very old redwood he had gotten from Oregon many years ago. He specified it was to be 7 inches tall, and be able to stand on a shelf. Redwood with a clear polyurethene finish. He picked up the finished cross today and was extremely happy. The wonderful thing about what we do is the variety!
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Nicely done. That's a very good re-creation of the one in the photo. No wonder he was happy.
    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

I agree about variety, keeps things fresh and challenging. This really came out great.
      Are the pieces individually cut or did you carve the grooves? The flower looks like individual pieces, do you have any fingernails left from shaping those?
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

The circle was done by carving the grooves.
        The rest of it was cut completely through on the scroll saw, individually shaped, glued back together, etc.
        The flower was cut from a lighter section of the redwood piece I was using, and they were individual little pieces. I have to say, my nails are probably shorter than they've ever been after doing those little petals!
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Sweeeeeet job Linda, nice to see something different.
          Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

You did a wonderful job re-creating this from the photo. The cross turned out beautifully.
            Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DWSudekum
              Reply to Scrollmania is still available for another year
              DWSudekum
              Dave any chance of making it stand alone?

DW
              Today, 12:21 AM
            • DaveVanEss
              Scrollmania is still available for another year
              DaveVanEss
              I just paid for another year for scrollmania,com. Is cost me $170. If any of you bowl makers use PolyDraw and would like to support it, there is a donation button on the front page. I am presently looking to find a permanent home for these tools. I am not a young man and I want to be sure that...
              Today, 12:05 AM
            • NiftyWoodCraft
              Reply to More Miniature Birdhouses
              NiftyWoodCraft
              beautiful, Denny, as always!...
              Yesterday, 07:15 PM
            • Jo Labre
              Reply to White Tail Deer
              Jo Labre
              Wow, NiftyWoodCraft - I feel honored. Your first post is a compliment to me! Welcome to the forum. The nice folks here are helpful and willing to share their information. Be sure to take advantage of the search function. I used it alot when I was researching tools to buy.
              Yesterday, 07:06 PM
            • Sandy Oaks
              Reply to More Miniature Birdhouses
              Sandy Oaks
              I use 1 3/8"x1 3/8" stock, nothing really hard. I really like compound cutting....
              Yesterday, 06:58 PM
            Working...
            X