Greek Coptic Cross

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greek Coptic Cross

An artist (painter) asked me to make a cross that would resemble the one in a picture he supplied to me, and using some very old redwood he had gotten from Oregon many years ago. He specified it was to be 7 inches tall, and be able to stand on a shelf. Redwood with a clear polyurethene finish. He picked up the finished cross today and was extremely happy. The wonderful thing about what we do is the variety!
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Nicely done. That's a very good re-creation of the one in the photo. No wonder he was happy.
    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

I agree about variety, keeps things fresh and challenging. This really came out great.
      Are the pieces individually cut or did you carve the grooves? The flower looks like individual pieces, do you have any fingernails left from shaping those?
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

The circle was done by carving the grooves.
        The rest of it was cut completely through on the scroll saw, individually shaped, glued back together, etc.
        The flower was cut from a lighter section of the redwood piece I was using, and they were individual little pieces. I have to say, my nails are probably shorter than they've ever been after doing those little petals!
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Sweeeeeet job Linda, nice to see something different.
          Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

You did a wonderful job re-creating this from the photo. The cross turned out beautifully.
            Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
              Reply to clock inserts
              Rolf
              I also get mine from Sloans. http://www.sloanwoodshop.com/
              Just know that you have to phone in your order, their delivery is fast and very friendly folks.!

The problem with any of the inserts you never know when they were made and how old the battery is. I bought a bunch of inserts...
              Today, 07:54 AM
            • jttheclockman
              Reply to clock inserts
              jttheclockman
              What size and where are you buying from.
              Yesterday, 11:36 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Puzzle boxes
              will8989
              Actually, it was about the animals stacked on top of one another. For some reason I can't find that issue. And my secret was about turning my alligator into a horse. Thanks for the info on Iggy and Scott. I will definitely check it out.
              Yesterday, 11:28 PM
            • dgman
              Reply to clock inserts
              dgman
              I've had good luck with the inserts from Sloan's Woodshop.
              Yesterday, 09:23 PM
            • WHODAT
              clock inserts
              WHODAT
              i use alot of clock inserts but always have problems with them usually not working after awhile i've tried about 4 different companies always the same problems anybody have a hidden places i don't know about.
              Yesterday, 08:01 PM
            Working...
            X