Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest Intarsia fix

Chicadee (600 x 402).jpg

It is my interpretation of a Judy Gale Roberts design .Holly, Wenge, Blue pine (wings) poplar branches, walnut pine cones and an Ebony eye.
    It has been a while since I did any Intarsia. I really enjoy doing it.
    Last edited by Rolf; 01-31-2016, 09:31 AM.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

I wish I could enlarge it to look at the detail, especially the pine cones.

You do indeed have golden hands!
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Very impressive! I like it.
      ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Well done, Rolf. The shaping and colors are superb, especially the wings.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Very nice. This is the one area of scrollsawing I've not tried. I'll put it off a little longer until the intimidation dies down.

-------------Randy
          "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Very well done...Wood colors are great.

I also wish that I could enlarge it to see more detail. I have noticed that there are quite a few pictures which are really thumbnails and can not be enlarged. Is this a problem associated with the current image posting issues or is it the way they are attached?

Comment

Excellent!!! I always enjoy seeing your intarsia. Thanks for sharing.
              Dan H

I would rather be friendly to a stranger than be a stranger to my friends.

Comment

Lets try this. Thanks for the nice comments. I am still mulling about a frame. Not crazy about the backer as is. Any thoughts? DSC_9779 (919 x 901).jpg
                Last edited by Rolf; 01-31-2016, 09:26 AM.
                Rolf

Comment

Excellent, as always, Rolf. Did you use a wonder wheel or wood burner for the cones & branches?
                  The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Comment

Really like the details. You did a great job.

I have a bird sitting as a PHD (project half done) and my idea is to mount to one of those Basswood Oval Rounds with the natural edge. I picked up a couple with a coupon at Joanne's and never used. I now have inspiration to get going.

http://www.joann.com/basswood-round-...prefv1=Product

Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Sweeeet to the max Rolf........what a beautiful gift when I receive it.
                      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

The posted pictures are interesting. Sometimes if I select an image, it will open up as a large picture. With the one in this post that does not happen. It also does not happen in most of Hotshots images.

At first, I thought it was just me looking at these on a tablet. However, I see that at least one other person has the same problem. It is a shame as I would love to see the details in these great projects.

Comment

Tony, I used both the wonder wheel and the a burner to enhance the valleys. I then used a Mac mop to remove some of the burner flare.
                          Don, I like your idea of the natural edge slabs. I think that would be a perfect backer for something like this.
                          Gloria , it is in the mail or maybe I forgot to mail it.

Quartz I am not sure why this is. I agree about wanting to zoom in on the images. Anyone of you computer wizards have any ideas? At the moment I am just happy to be able to post a picture that everyone can see.
                          But then again if you get in too close you will see all of my oopses!
                          Rolf

Comment

Oopses? You?
                            Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Well done Rolf!

On some images if you right click on the image and click 'view image' then the image will go to a view screen and you can sometimes enlarge a bit from there.

Very nice. This is the one area of scrollsawing I've not tried. I'll put it off a little longer until the intimidation dies down.

-------------Randy
                              Randy if you do Intarsia on coins...well then you got it made!

Karl
                              Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
                                Reply to Phone call from son.
                                by meflick
                                Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
                                Today, 01:10 PM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                                by meflick
                                Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
                                Today, 01:04 PM
                              • John Smith
                                by John Smith
                                Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
                                HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
                                Today, 10:01 AM
                              • Jim McDonald
                                Reply to Phone call from son.
                                by Jim McDonald
                                My kids always call me since I am the one who probably did the stuff they are calling about.

I know it's scary to get that call, but I'm glad to hear the charge exited where it did before it went any further.

Probably hurts like hell and he has a copper taste in his mouth...
                                Today, 09:52 AM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                Welcome to the forum from TN. As a Pegas Distributor, Pegas has the Super Skip blades which works perfectly with acrylics at a reduced speed.
                                Today, 09:40 AM
                              Working...
                              X