Detective work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detective work.

Can anyone help me out with this problem, after making my mum's mothers day present my wife said she would like something similar but instead of a flower in the middle of a plate she wants something Oriental. I remember seeing somewhere an intarsia oriental boy kneeling with a bowl of rice in his hands but for the life of me i can't remember where, i have searched but up until now without success, so does anyone remember seeing this and where can i get the pattern.
    kevin/pitbull.

I never saw anything like that before, but what first came to mind for me was a yin-yang symbol. They are so easy to customize with other symbols also.
    Jim
    DeWalt DW788 & Dremel 1680

Comment

I've never seen that one before. It wouldn't be hard to find some chinese characters or symbols and do one with that- if she likes that idea.
      Janette
      www.square-designs.com

Comment

What about cherry blossoms, or Coi fish accompanied by characters for mother?
        Troy

Scrollin' with DeWalt DW788

Comment

Thanks for the replies folk, i know my wife would be happy with any kind of oriental work but i know that the piece i saw would be the best to do for her. Ah well, i'll just have to keep searching through the internet, i have got till june to do it for her birthday, so the search continues.
          kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Ennobee
            Reply to Scroll Saw from Lowes several years ago
            by Ennobee
            This looks something like your saw? I bought it at lowes about January 2008. It was listed at $170 then, but mine was a demonstration model without the cardboard box, so I got it for $120. I recall they had a cheaper brand listed for $119, which was what I originally planned to buy. I don't recall...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Today, 10:52 PM
          • Ennobee
            Reply to Celtic knot-shamrock cross
            by Ennobee
            Not quite carved, although I did go overboard a bit using my Dremel to smoothen the edges of the 'ropes'. Still they were cut out piece by piece, sanded/smoothed and glued into place....
            Today, 10:10 PM
          • Ennobee
            Meanwhile, another giant palette wood airplane
            by Ennobee
            While still trying to summon the courage to finish the final version of my Gotha bomber, I got sidetracked and stumbled upon some plans from two years ago: a giant four-engined brother to my earlier Fokker Trimotor... The ultimate 1930's dieselpunk engine.

THe plans were designed for 1/2...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 4 photos.
            Today, 09:59 PM
          • will8989
            Bruce’s new toys
            by will8989
            He went to his meeting last night and it was a tool swap. He came home with - Jet slow water grinder (?), new never used air brush, and a never used spray tent that exhausts to the outside and an extra tent. All for the grand total of $35....
            Today, 08:16 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Celtic knot-shamrock cross
            by will8989
            Very nice. I thought it was carved.
            Today, 08:05 PM
          Working...
          X