Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's See Some Photos !!

Hi all,

I've been checking out the Intarsia gallery and there haven't been a lot of additions lately to the intarsia pages. Don't you guys want to show off your work? I personally, love looking at photos of other folks work and I'm sure many others do as well. So please, add some photos so we can all see what you've been up to!

Janette
    www.square-designs.com

I just don't have anything to post. I've been working on a design for quite some time and she just doesn't look right...women are the toughest when it comes to drawing. I lucked out though...I was discussing it with a girl at one of my customers and she showed me some of her drawings and drew up a rough sketch of what I wanted in only 2 minutes flat. So I'm paying her to draw it up for me...it only makes sense. Sometimes it takes me 100 pages of paper to draw up something original...I"m so jealous of these natural born pencil artists. Perhaps I can copyright the pattern in both hers and my name? It's her drawing, but I have to do some alterations to it and it was my original idea. And of course I paid for the service, but can't honestly consider it to be all mine..if any of that makes sense.
    Jeff Powell

Comment

if only i could post some pictures, been so busy elsewhere, haven't quite finished the cabin yet.
      http://www.cabincraft.co.uk

Comment

This is my very busy time of year. I have dance practices for the coming shows. I also sew costumes for this show. In between that I did post two of my projects, one of them in here. My Aries mask and also a cabinet on the bragging section.
        Will be posting more as they become picture ready.
        Diane
        Dragon
        Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
        Owner of a Dewalt 788
        PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

I have been working to long on a very difficult eagle. Each feather is done individually and shaped. I don't even want to start the counting of pieces. It was designed to have sectioned of feathers but I thought I could do better.
          Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
          Jean De La Bruyere...

l
          Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Jeff,
            Pick up a book called "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain," it really shows that drawing is more a matter of "seeing" right and breaking away from the "childish" symbols that prevent us from drawing what we really see.

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Originally posted by BobD
              Jeff,
              Pick up a book called "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain," it really shows that drawing is more a matter of "seeing" right and breaking away from the "childish" symbols that prevent us from drawing what we really see.

Bob
              Bob- whose the author? Does Fox Chapel carry this book? I've always been curious as to how to explain to people how I can "see" a pattern and didn't know if it was something that could be conciously developed.

Thanks,
              Janette
              www.square-designs.com

Comment

Some links, Janette :

http://www.drawright.com/
                http://www.amazon.com/New-Drawing-Ri.../dp/0874774241

Gill
                There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Janette,

Sorry, didn't have any individual Intarsia photo's ready, so sent a group of them from this winter's work to the gallery! The photo shows only a few, but the saw dust is still flying!

Rick
                  Old Scrollers Never Die...They Just Saw Away!

Comment

5 more photos added to my album.
                    Hillmanjim

Comment

Originally posted by hillmanjim
                      5 more photos added to my album.
                      Hillmanjim
                      Nice work Jim! Love the "cool" cat.
                      I've got your pelican all rough shaped and when I get back from my mini vacation next week- I'll "git-er-done" & post.
                      Janette
                      www.square-designs.com

Comment

I would like to start a new project....

but I am waiting until after Easter to get anything big started, plus I don't know what I want to do yet....
                        all I can think about is the Vault puzzles that are on the cover of the up coming Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine. I sure hope there what I'm thinking they are....

Trout
                        Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
                        Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Originally posted by Trout
                          but I am waiting until after Easter to get anything big started, plus I don't know what I want to do yet....
                          all I can think about is the Vault puzzles that are on the cover of the up coming Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine. I sure hope there what I'm thinking they are....

Trout
                          Where can we get a sneak peak at the cover of the next issue? When does it come out?
                          Janette
                          www.square-designs.com

Comment

a sneak peak

Originally posted by Janette
                            Where can we get a sneak peak at the cover of the next issue? When does it come out?
                            follow the link...
                            http://www.qfie.com/fox/clsFOXNewOrd...rAspReason=102

Bob said it should be ready for mail at the end of the month...

Trout
                            Last edited by Trout; 03-24-2007, 12:33 PM.
                            Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
                            Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X