Aries mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aries mask

Worked this weekend on cutting my mask. It still needs sanding but I wanted you to see how I've arranged the woods and colors on it. It is my first of either segmentation or intarsia. I can see all the work and thinking that goes into a project. I am proud of this one.
    I thank Sue and Toni for the pattern that gave me a chance to learn something new.
    Diane
    Attached Files
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Very nice choice of colors! ...cutting is great too!

Be sure to post a picture of it when it's done.
    Janette
    www.square-designs.com

Comment

Diane..you did an EXCELLENT job on the Aries project!! Your should be quite proud of it..it certainly isn't an easy project to do with those sharp cuts..well done!! I look forward to seeing it all finished..I'm glad you joined us on this challenge!

Sue Chrestensen

Comment

VERY well done Diane, you've definately got an eye for this type of work.
        kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Looks real good so far Diane. It's nice to see that you stayed mostly with natural woods too.
          Jeff Powell

Comment

thats wonderfull. nice cutting, and love the colors. Evie

Comment

Nice job, Diane. Do you plan on raising any of the pieces?
              Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
              Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Hey that is a really nice job, Diane, both with the cutting and the wood colours - I'm not surprised you're proud of it. Well done!
                Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Way to go Diane, this is really going to turn out nice. Keep us posted.
                  Troy

Scrollin' with DeWalt DW788

Comment

you said you were going to do it...

and you did......
                    It looks great, can't wait to see it finished...

Trout
                    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
                    Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

By all means, finish it, and take your time to keep up the good work. I hope when I get to my first serious intarsia it turns out as good as yours. And I, too, like your choice of NATURAL woods and their colors - only coloring the eye, and that adds a bit of interest.
                      Kevin

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss

NEW DeWalt 788 and that old, Jimmy- Jerry- and Kevin-rigged Delta 40-560

Comment

I will finish the mask for sure. The only reason the eye is blue is because I wanted it to be black but didn't have any wood that was pure black so I decided that if I was going to color it then it might as well be something outstanding.
                        My daughter who is a redhead with brown eyes always told me that a redhead with blue eyes is rare and and awesome so because I put the padauk on top it seemed that the blue eye fit.
                        Diane
                        Dragon
                        Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                        Owner of a Dewalt 788
                        PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Diane, very nicely done. You have just started a new category in your scrolling
                          Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                          Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                          Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                            Reply to Source for 5-Ply poplar plywood?
                            by will8989
                            I do all my puzzles in 3/4” wood, mostly poplar but some cherry or walnut....
                            Yesterday, 10:57 PM
                          • millwab
                            by millwab
                            Understandable for your baskets Betty, but in my experience 1/4” solid wood for puzzles tends to not hold up very well. Especially the small locks....
                            Yesterday, 08:57 AM
                          • will8989
                            Planer do
                            by will8989
                            Should read planer Died yesterday. But Bruce got out his instruction book and google and got it apart. Needs new belt, plastic cover and pulley gear. Ordered from eBay and should have by Monday. Of course all work on dough boards stopped. $55 is much cheaper than a new planer. Oh well, on to the next...
                            Yesterday, 08:48 AM
                          • will8989
                            by will8989
                            My customers won’t buy anything cut from plywood. I’ve spoiled them. I use poplar for all my kid puzzles. With Bruce volunteering at the County Park antique sawmill, I have an endless supply of poplar. My current batch is green and white striped. I make cases for all my puzzles and back them with...
                            Yesterday, 08:43 AM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Wood supply
                            by will8989
                            I have enough of that. I bought 3 sheets of 1/8 and 1/4 a few months back. Bruce was at the sawmill yesterday and the superintendent of the Park told them they were getting over 50 oak trees from various county parks. The trees have sort of bug that is killing them . They will be quarantining them in...
                            Yesterday, 07:40 AM
                          Working...
                          X