Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie_1
    replied
    thank you, I just use the minwax dark walnut on the mouth , mw natural for the one piece down the middle of the neck and for the rest I just used mw golden oak stain ,then tomorrow ill give it a few coats of poly and it should be all done .

Thank you ,

Leave a comment:

• Mackem
    replied
    Knockout job Charlie, what do you use for the staining?

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_1
    replied
    Thank you Rolf Its a Craftsman 18 in. model 21609 ,its not a dewalt or anything but Ive never had any bad luck with craftsman (knock on wood) so I figured Id go with what I know and so far so good its definetly alot better than the generic one I picked up before lol Plus I had to get my other toys , a belt an disc sander and a dremel work station .

Thank you ,

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Nice work! Whats the new saw?

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_1
    replied
    Thank you All very much Its definetly good to be back in the shop especially with the new saw and my other new toys lol This winter has been driving me up the wall this year ,thankfuly its getting warmer and I can get time out there now .

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• workin for wood
    replied
    Looks good charlie...nice to see you back in the shop.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Huckeby
    replied
    Nice work Charlie!

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    I like him!!!

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_1
    replied
    Thank you Bob

Leave a comment:

• Greenfield_Bob
    replied
    Hey that's pretty cool Charlie.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_1
    replied
    Thank you Janette ,I didnt know about the not cropping the ears ,when it comes to trends Im kinda slow lol will have to remember that though .

Thank you Mike and the feathers are coming soon lol when I frst started I did a few fretwork pieces and after my saw broke I went to segmentation and havent looked back , dont think I would have the patients for it now lol and its not at bad as it seems just alot of sanding lol .

Thank you Paul and its just from a single piece of 1x12 pine then stained and soon to be glossed , and pretty much all my pieces are the same way ,just pine.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Paul S WI
    replied
    Looks good Charlie.
    Question - Is that pine and just stained? Or are there several different woods involved?

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota scroller
    replied
    Looks great, but where are it's feathers?

Seriously, very nice job. If only I had the patience. Looking at completed projects like yours almost makes it tempting.

Leave a comment:

• Janette
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie_1
    ok here he is ,let me know what ya think . all opinions and suggestions always welcome
    Your boxer came out really nice! Great job.

One thing I found with the boxer I made was everyone loved it, but unless they are for show, the trend is beginning to lean towards not cropping the ears. It took me a long while to find the right "owner" for my boxer and it turned out to be a breeder who thought it was perfect.

I always say every piece has a home- it's just a matter of trying to find it!

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_1
    replied
    ok here he is ,let me know what ya think . all opinions and suggestions always welcome
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X