Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon
    replied
    I don't remember where I saw the deadline for the challenge. At first I lost the saw and when I got a great saw I had too much work and could not work on it much. I am off tomorrow and will be working on it all day. Hopefuly I am not too late?
    Please tell me that this is ok.
    Diane

Leave a comment:

• bearfretworks
    replied
    Originally posted by workin for wood
    There's no mirror image on the bottom Bear. The picture is inlayed into 1/2 pecan, and it's planed flat then face glued to another 1/2 bank of pecan. the segmentation is glued seperately and then face glued on top.
    Bummer. Great job on it Jeff......seriously......

Leave a comment:

• owler
    replied
    I am always impressed with your work. I don't recall anyone combining scrolling and turning before. Very creative!

Leave a comment:

• workin for wood
    replied
    There's no mirror image on the bottom Bear. The picture is inlayed into 1/2 pecan, and it's planed flat then face glued to another 1/2 bank of pecan. the segmentation is glued seperately and then face glued on top.

Leave a comment:

• Sue Chrestensen
    replied
    Wow x 10

Ahhh, I agree with all that has been said..Jeff, Trout..wow!!! Both of you have done wonders with the Aries challenge!! Really Really!!

Leave a comment:

• bearfretworks
    replied
    Great job on the segmented/intarsia plate Jeff!!! Really impressive looking. INCREDIBLE given it's your first!

How about a picture of the bottom to see the mirro image of the "former" Aeries pattern?

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Trout posted his version of Aries in a separate thread... and it looks great!

So we have seen two done in intarsia. Ricki will be doing this challenge for us, since we have run into some time issues ourselves. LOL. Plus, we have been asked to get the patterns for the Zodiac Masks out as soon as possible... which of course means we need to work each one. Wouldn't you know it - we changed Aries some, so we even have to do that one again too.

Thanks to all who took up this challenge. It really is fun to see what you come up with when a number of people are doing the same project.

Way cool!

Take care
    Toni

Leave a comment:

• Marcel in Longueuil
    replied
    Jeff,

I love the creative approach you take.

I sincerely believe you are one of the few people that actually have a talent to think outside the box and come up with something practical as well as beautiful.

And you show courage in attempting a double "first time" in this project, especially by advertising it before it's completed! That is showing confidence, I guess.

You show exceptional talent in your endeavors, thank-you for sharing it with us.

Respectfully,
    Marcel

Leave a comment:

• Dusty Buffalo
    replied
    Trout, post the dang pic already. You're killing us.

I've got my colors picked out but I haven't been down to the shop in a few days, was kind of under the weather.

By the way, Jeff, that is one fantastic piece you did there. You done good.

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    Trout - we want to see!! Don't worry about posting too soon - it will inspire some of us who have no idea what to do yet!
    Theresa

Leave a comment:

• Trout
    replied
    hey Jeff,

I thought maybe I should wait until a few more people get their's done...
    yours is a one of a kind, and I don't think anyone else will be turning theirs into a bowl...

Trout

Leave a comment:

• thecopperfish
    replied
    Great job Jeff! Looks really good! Congrats!
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• workin for wood
    replied
    so where's the picture trout?

Leave a comment:

• Trout
    replied
    Jeff,

I was waiting to hear how it blew apart on the lathe...
    you did a great job...

Trout...I'm done with mine too

Leave a comment:

• Dchatley
    replied
    Very impressive Jeff...you seem to be a natural at anything you touch.

Great Job!!

Dan

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
    Reply to New Toy!
    by Rolf
    Quartz I only bought the air filter, That same model is sold by many distributors, I see Grizzly has it and several others. I was going to build one but this thing works great. I will get a charcoal filter for it also. Great when doing Pyrography. They also had a Pfingst brand flex shaft tool I haven't...
    Today, 07:50 AM
  • NC Scroller
    Reply to New Toy!
    by NC Scroller
    Nice score!
    Today, 06:16 AM
  • Quartz43
    Reply to New Toy!
    by Quartz43
    Wow...nice Foredom tool.
    Today, 06:08 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to EX dust collection holes screwed up a project.!
    by will8989
    Carole, only you would cut sprinkles on a scrollsaw. I would probably use rice and stain it. I just gave up replacing my insert. Its worn, but works for what I need. I do sand it to make sure there are no burrs sticking up to scratch the wood. I will be trying the new contact paper when mine runs...
    Yesterday, 08:16 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to Shawl pins
    by will8989
    Thick hair would need a larger opening, thinner hair would require a smaller opening to stay in place. The one being shown in the utube would probably work for thicker hair. They look way better than a pencil or dowel! That elephant sure is cute in her hair!.
    Yesterday, 08:09 PM
Working...
X