No announcement yet.

Project Aries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no mirror image on the bottom Bear. The picture is inlayed into 1/2 pecan, and it's planed flat then face glued to another 1/2 bank of pecan. the segmentation is glued seperately and then face glued on top.
    Jeff Powell

Comment

I am always impressed with your work. I don't recall anyone combining scrolling and turning before. Very creative!
      Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

Originally posted by workin for wood
        There's no mirror image on the bottom Bear. The picture is inlayed into 1/2 pecan, and it's planed flat then face glued to another 1/2 bank of pecan. the segmentation is glued seperately and then face glued on top.
        Bummer. Great job on it Jeff......seriously......
        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

I don't remember where I saw the deadline for the challenge. At first I lost the saw and when I got a great saw I had too much work and could not work on it much. I am off tomorrow and will be working on it all day. Hopefuly I am not too late?
          Please tell me that this is ok.
          Diane
          Dragon
          Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
          Owner of a Dewalt 788
          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• hotshot
            Reply to Darkening oak
            by hotshot
            I've had very good luck using the oven. The wood does soften, but with oak, that usually isn't a problem. It also darkens all the way through.

He is a flash from the past where I show some puzzle boxes made with oven darkened oak.

https://forum.scrollsawer.com/forum/...2-...
            Today, 12:32 AM
          • Misouri Wayne
            Reply to Spiral Blades - Tips & Tricks?
            by Misouri Wayne
            Thanks for the post. I have tried spirals in the past and had lots of issues. I need to set down one day and keep cutting with them until I get the hang of it. Part of my problem may have been covered by your number 7. Tried pine thinking it would be easy to cut but now realize the grain may have...
            Yesterday, 07:05 PM
          • Sandy Oaks
            Reply to Eagle
            by Sandy Oaks
            I agree, a beautiful piece and wonderful cutting. Years ago, my father had Alzheimer. The last six months we had him in the VA center in St. Cloud MN. His wood work shop is still in MN. I could not take it down to TN....
            Yesterday, 12:00 PM
          • Rolf
            by Rolf
            I have been using spiral a lot more lately Thanks to Charles Hand stunning designs. I have used them of and on since I started scrolling.
            They were a real challenge on my Old Delta SS350. cutting straight in and out was easy, trying to cut details going sideways was the problem because of the...
            Yesterday, 09:16 AM
          • Jimern
            by Jimern
            The best tip I have with spirals is to cut straight lines backwards. instead of pushing the work piece into the blade, pull it toward you. Seems to allow for better control on straight lines (most other lines too)
            Yesterday, 05:27 AM
          Working...
          X