Clear All

• Greenfield_Bob
    replied
    Jell, that is very impressive.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Well done, Jeff. A word that I don't think I've ever used on this forum to describe a piece of work before is awesome. It's so often used inappropriately.

I feel that what you've done with Aries is awesome.

Gill

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    most impressive

WowJeff, very very impressive... especially for a beginner.

I knew you'd be able to pull it off, had no doubt what so ever!

Thank you for participating in the Aries Challenge. You make our designs look great!

Take care
    Toni

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Wow if that's your first attempt what are you going to produce when you get good? That's a beautiful piece of work, Jeff - it really shows off Sue and Toni's design.

I love that little animation too ..lol

Leave a comment:

• workin for wood
    replied
    I finished this bowl/plate with the aries design inlaid into it. This was my first time trying to inlay and first time ever turning too. It was a challenge and a nice break from doing intarsia's. It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty good for a double first timer. The bowl is Pecan with a pecan/bloodwood segmented ring. 20 pieces at 1 1/2 width by 8 degrees. The entire project is 9 1/2 diameter. There's alot more sanding involved in turning an object than there is in intarsia, that I found out for sure...probably close to 10 times more sanding. Runs from 80 grit through 400 grit. Still needs a couple more coats of finish, I'm just using a wipe on poly on this.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sue Chrestensen
    replied
    Dale..Toni said she'll send you the pattern later on today..have fun with it..if ya have any questions ..well..just ask

Leave a comment:

• Sue Chrestensen
    replied
    please post asap LOL..I love seeing all the pics of how people do a project!!

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    Trout - please do not wait until March!! As soon as you are finished you can post a picture.
    Theresa

Leave a comment:

• Trout
    replied
    I'm almost done with mine...

do i have to wait until March to show it off?

Trout

Leave a comment:

• dale
    replied
    Ok ill admit i wasnt paying attention in class or absent the day you all told where the other site is located at.
    So if I can do some make up work would one of you tell me where this site is!

thanks
    dale

Leave a comment:

• Sue Chrestensen
    replied
    wow

Jeff..I'm really excited about your take on the aries project..can't wait to see it finished..will keep my fingers crossed that it goes smoothly!!!

Leave a comment:

• workin for wood
    replied
    part 1 done

This is the aries glued up and inlaid into the bottom of the plate. This was the easy part. I have to plane it down without it exploding, mount a bottom and build a 20 pc segmented frame around it, then mount it to the lathe and turn it into a plate.

but I'm out of time till at least wednesday...have to go to bed, then back to trucking.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dragon
    replied
    I am a very beginner and have taken the challenge. I am thinking out my plan for now and will decide everything before I cut. I don't think the tight corners are the problems. LOL
    Diane

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Tis been sent to you Mr. Trout.

Leave a comment:

• Trout
    replied
    now we know what Aries looks like....

I better go over to the other thread and put in my request for a pattern...

Trout

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X