No announcement yet.

Project Aries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow if that's your first attempt what are you going to produce when you get good? That's a beautiful piece of work, Jeff - it really shows off Sue and Toni's design.

I love that little animation too ..lol
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

most impressive

WowJeff, very very impressive... especially for a beginner.

I knew you'd be able to pull it off, had no doubt what so ever!

Thank you for participating in the Aries Challenge. You make our designs look great!

Take care
      Toni

Comment

Well done, Jeff. A word that I don't think I've ever used on this forum to describe a piece of work before is awesome. It's so often used inappropriately.

I feel that what you've done with Aries is awesome.

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Jell, that is very impressive.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Very impressive Jeff...you seem to be a natural at anything you touch.

Great Job!!

Dan

Comment

Jeff,

I was waiting to hear how it blew apart on the lathe...
              you did a great job...

Trout...I'm done with mine too
              Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
              Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

so where's the picture trout?
                Jeff Powell

Comment

Great job Jeff! Looks really good! Congrats!
                  Chris
                  What! There's no coffee?!!

Comment

hey Jeff,

I thought maybe I should wait until a few more people get their's done...
                    yours is a one of a kind, and I don't think anyone else will be turning theirs into a bowl...

Trout
                    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
                    Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Trout - we want to see!! Don't worry about posting too soon - it will inspire some of us who have no idea what to do yet!
                      Theresa
                      Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Trout, post the dang pic already. You're killing us.

I've got my colors picked out but I haven't been down to the shop in a few days, was kind of under the weather.

By the way, Jeff, that is one fantastic piece you did there. You done good.
                        Kelly
                        "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Jeff,

I love the creative approach you take.

I sincerely believe you are one of the few people that actually have a talent to think outside the box and come up with something practical as well as beautiful.

And you show courage in attempting a double "first time" in this project, especially by advertising it before it's completed! That is showing confidence, I guess.

You show exceptional talent in your endeavors, thank-you for sharing it with us.

Respectfully,
                          Marcel
                          http://marleb.com
                          DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Trout posted his version of Aries in a separate thread... and it looks great!

So we have seen two done in intarsia. Ricki will be doing this challenge for us, since we have run into some time issues ourselves. LOL. Plus, we have been asked to get the patterns for the Zodiac Masks out as soon as possible... which of course means we need to work each one. Wouldn't you know it - we changed Aries some, so we even have to do that one again too.

Thanks to all who took up this challenge. It really is fun to see what you come up with when a number of people are doing the same project.

Way cool!

Take care
                            Toni

Comment

Great job on the segmented/intarsia plate Jeff!!! Really impressive looking. INCREDIBLE given it's your first!

How about a picture of the bottom to see the mirro image of the "former" Aeries pattern?
                              ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Wow x 10

Ahhh, I agree with all that has been said..Jeff, Trout..wow!!! Both of you have done wonders with the Aries challenge!! Really Really!!

Sue Chrestensen

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X