Fireplace Bellows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireplace Bellows.

I make these decorative and functional fireplace bellows. This is my latest. It is 15" long, 6" wide and made of cedar. The inlay is soft maple. The brass nozzle is made from a 30-30 shell.
    Attached Files
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Hi Jim. That inlay is beautiful. I see all the veining, so do you cut the inlay and fit first before the veining?
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

It's beautiful. I haven't tried the inlay stuff yet and hope to one day. Have a great day...Fay
      Have a great day, Fay.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post
        Hi Jim. That inlay is beautiful. I see all the veining, so do you cut the inlay and fit first before the veining?
        Thank you for the kind comments.
        This is double bevel Inlay.
        I cut the outline of the inlay and drop out the maple piece and then I re-tape the cedar eagle to it and do the veining with a bit larger saw blade and at 90 degrees. Then I glue the maple piece into the cedar bellows. (Inlay it) I do it this way because it is faster for me. Two reasons to do the veining on the cedar (scrap) along with the maple inlay. (1)The pattern is drawn on the cedar, not the maple and (2) cutting the two thicknesses together slows down the cutting and gives me better control while doing the veining.
        Last edited by Jim Finn; 09-02-2013, 06:46 PM.
        Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
        "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Nice, I need one of these.
          http://picasaweb.google.com/saltydogwoodworks.buie

Comment

Oh my that is one sweeeet project, thanks for the info Jim.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
              Reply to Phone call from son.
              by will8989
              Talked to him yesterday after he was coherent. Very fortunately, it was dc current. He said ac current and would have ended differently. And it wasn’t a house. It was a converter box in a marina located on a deck cut into a 20’ high steep bank. They had to climb a ladder to get to it. And they were...
              Today, 10:53 PM
            • garryatpa
              Reply to A Bear In The Woods
              by garryatpa
              Wow!!!! That is beautiful. Super job of sawing. If I worked it out correctly it took you less than a minute for each opening especially when I look at the amount of time it would take to saw the outline of the bear. Garry
              Today, 10:43 PM
            • meflick
              Reply to Phone call from son.
              by meflick
              Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
              Today, 01:10 PM
            • meflick
              Reply to Hello from Central Florida
              by meflick
              Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
              Today, 01:04 PM
            • John Smith
              Reply to Hello from Central Florida
              by John Smith
              Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
              HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
              Today, 10:01 AM
            Working...
            X