Butterfly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butterfly

Finally got to do some more intasia... butterfly! No antenna yet in fact it is still drying. Pattern is from Intarsia Woodworking for Beginners. The wood I used was Walnut, Maple and Padauk. Was very careful this time with the Padauk because I ruined a bowl with Padauk when I didn't get all of the dust off before I applying the finish... and I used a brush and brushed from the Padauk over the Maple and when it dried the Maple had a horrid pink tint to it. ARGH. Live and learn. Hopefully the maple will still be white when it dries. =)
    Attached Files

Nice job!!!
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

That turned out beautiful!!! I think I have that book, now I may have to give that one a whirl!! Nice work, thanks for sharing!!
      Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

I like it, cutting is tight and good choice of colors
        Bruce F. Worthington

www.intarsia.net 2 free e-books on Intarsia
        http://intarsia.hostcentric.com/home/homepage/ patterns
        Chat Room
        http://intarsia.hostcentric.com/home/chatroom.htm
        e-mail [email protected]

You never stop learning..

Comment

Sweeeeet cuts, looks awesome.
          Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

That looks great.
            Jackie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MidMich324
              Reply to hegner 2"
              by MidMich324
              Just Wondering...

Is the table size on the 22" hegner saw as on the 18" hegner saw?

With the 22" inch one you get 4 more inches of depth of cut but do you also get a few more inches of table?
              Yesterday, 09:30 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Spring Issue
              by will8989
              I had to fool around with copying and taping a pattern again today. This wasn’t as bad as the fish, but still a pain. I use rapid resizer. Scan a pattern, put in size I want and it prints it out. If more than one page, it numbers each page at the top and I tape them together. Had the fish pattern...
              Yesterday, 09:28 PM
            • millwab
              Reply to Peanuts #1
              by millwab
              Rolf, I cover it with clear contact paper (comes off clean without leaving a residue) and draw a grid for the direction I want to cut (ie horizontal or diagonal) to keep the rows even. The rest is all freehand....
              Yesterday, 02:51 PM
            • Don in Brooklin On
              Reply to Spring Issue
              by Don in Brooklin On
              Rolf

I use acrobat reader. The poster feature will enlarge and if it goes to multiple pages it will put in cut marks. Even if the page is over letter size it will spread to multiple pages at 100%.

If it is in PDF form you can open with Inkscape or GIMP and select what you...
              Yesterday, 01:48 PM
            • theframer
              Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
              by theframer
              Hi Linda, great find...I think.

Please keep us up to date with any information you receive. I would really like to get into this, but my computer skills are almost nonexistent, I need something that a 74 year old air head 🙄 can figure out. Thanks for sharing.

Rick
              Yesterday, 12:05 PM
            Working...
            X