Pattern copies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern copies

I am sure this has been covered at some time. JGR sends our master copy printed in red. I had always been making copies in black & white. On one of the last copy runs, I did not notice the copier was set on auto detect for color. I got 10 copies in red, so today was the 1st time cutting in red. I have to say it was really nice following a red line. Everything seemed to be a bit brighter and more pleasant to cut. Depending on the pattern I will be making a lot more in red.
    They are a little more expensive to copy in color, but on certain patterns it will be worth it.
    Just thought I would pass this info on to anyone new to intarsia.

Yep, red patterns and reading glasses work for me.
    Bill

Comment

I just started with intarsia and haven't tried red out yet, but I sure will on my next piece. I do often lose sight of the blade with black lines even though I'm using a magnifier light. Thanks for the reminder.

Mike

Comment

Oh, yeah... I bought a color multi-function printer/copier just for that. Can't beat the red lines.
        The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
          Reply to New tools
          by jim_mex
          Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
          Yesterday, 11:14 PM
        • Hobbyhorse
          Reply to New tools
          by Hobbyhorse
          Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
          Yesterday, 11:03 PM
        • Hobbyhorse
          Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
          by Hobbyhorse
          Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
          Yesterday, 10:58 PM
        • KarlB
          Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
          by KarlB
          Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
          Yesterday, 09:41 PM
        • KarlB
          Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
          by KarlB
          Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
          Yesterday, 09:31 PM
        Working...
        X