Pattern copies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern copies

I am sure this has been covered at some time. JGR sends our master copy printed in red. I had always been making copies in black & white. On one of the last copy runs, I did not notice the copier was set on auto detect for color. I got 10 copies in red, so today was the 1st time cutting in red. I have to say it was really nice following a red line. Everything seemed to be a bit brighter and more pleasant to cut. Depending on the pattern I will be making a lot more in red.
    They are a little more expensive to copy in color, but on certain patterns it will be worth it.
    Just thought I would pass this info on to anyone new to intarsia.

Yep, red patterns and reading glasses work for me.
    Bill

Comment

I just started with intarsia and haven't tried red out yet, but I sure will on my next piece. I do often lose sight of the blade with black lines even though I'm using a magnifier light. Thanks for the reminder.

Mike

Comment

Oh, yeah... I bought a color multi-function printer/copier just for that. Can't beat the red lines.
        The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• hotshot
          Reply to Question about tilting head saws
          by hotshot
          I'll talk about this specific "slice" of your question. Most Tilting head saws do come from the same Taiwan factory, except Excalibur. So what happened with Excalibur was . . . General got bought by a Chinese investor, some China/Taiwan drama ensued, EX manufacturing moved to China. That...
          Today, 04:41 PM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Basket C15
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Did this thread get hacked? That is a very strange sidetrack from KyivWorkshop.
          Today, 04:21 PM
        • handibunny
          Reply to Question about tilting head saws
          by handibunny
          It doesn’t matter whether the saw table tilts or the saw arm tilts. Either can be used for any project cut at an angle, and there’s a learning curve for each.

I actually prefer the tilting table because the blade remains vertical. I find that at really steep angles, like 40 or 45 degrees,...
          Today, 02:10 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to What you find when cleaning out a cedar chest
          by will8989
          This is the tapestry I found in the cedar chest. We can’t identify where the pictures are from. Two among many. I also forgot to mention dad was also in the army Fife and Drum Corps and also played with a big band when he was discharged. Have to find that info....
          Today, 12:34 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Bruce doing great
          by will8989
          What a morning. The therapists were quite pleased with what he could do. He took the wrap off today and he can walk with the walker with very little pain. It’s getting the leg completely straight that is hard to do. It’s when his brother stopped in that things went off rails. Rolf, we are talking...
          Today, 12:19 PM
        Working...
        X