Tree Frog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree Frog

This little guy is a gift for my soon to be acquired step-grandson who loves frogs. The pattern is Bruce Worthington's. The woods are poplar, aspen, mahogany, walnut, bloodwood and western red cedar.

Jan
    Attached Files

It's a keeper, something he will cherish forever.

Comment

Wow Jan, that is really nice. What wood was used for the green part? I keep saying I am going to try this, but just don't get to it.
      Hawaiilad
      Larry

Comment

Thanks, Guys.
        @Larry: The green part is poplar. Every time I get near poplar lumber I spend time digging through looking for really green and really purple wood. I sometimes get lucky.

Jan

Comment

What a thoughtful "welcome to the family" gift. Good luck and best wishes to all involved in this new family blending.
          Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks, Carole. I will share your good wishes with my daughter who is getting married this coming Saturday after years of waiting for the right guy.

Jan

Comment

Jan,

My son is getting married next Sunday, and my gift to them will be the wedding cake. At least I used my scroll saw for making the cake board--but next Friday and Saturday are "flour only, no sawdust" days.

It's nice to commemorate a happy occasion with something that comes from the heart. I hope your daughter's hopes are realized as she joins her "right guy" and new family, and that her long wait will be worth it.

And congratulations to you on your daughter's good fortune. When our children are happy, we're happy!
              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

That is a VERY nice frog! I haven't been in my shop for a long time. Wife has me doing some remodeling on the house. Can't wait to get back to cutting. These pictures keep me going LOL.

Comment

Thanks, Trackman.

@Carole: My congratulations and best wishes to your son and his bride.

Jan

Comment

Nice looking froggie. He is going to love it.
                    Fran

Comment

Congrats to both of you! Jan, do you know that poplar also has red and blue in it? I love poplar and like you, just dig and dig until I find some with green & purple. Hubby volunteers at a local antique sawmill and they cut trees for the county. They cut some poplar last fall and when it opened up it had blue and red in it. The other guy working with him looked at him and asked "how many?" I now have 4 boards of the most beautiful poplar drying. When I get working with it I will post pictures. It should be ready this summer, in time for some Christmas ornaments!!
                      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                        Bruce, the one on probation
                        by will8989
                        is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
                        Today, 12:59 AM
                      • will8989
                        Sundays market
                        by will8989
                        When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
                        Today, 12:46 AM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                        by will8989
                        I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
                        Today, 12:27 AM
                      • jim_mex
                        Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                        by jim_mex
                        Hey Quartz - thats great scrolling and carving work which the LED lighting sets off a treat - or was that a trick?

Love it!
                        Yesterday, 08:47 PM
                      • KarlB
                        Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                        by KarlB
                        Very well done!

Karl
                        Yesterday, 07:36 PM
                      Working...
                      X