Janette's Bobcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janette's Bobcat

Wow, this has has taken me a very long time to complete. When It came out in the magazine I knew I had to make this one. I had got started on it right away, getting it cut then set it aside. I knew the shaping was going to be the key with this project. Well the time was finally right and I got back to it. It is hard to tell from the pictures all the attention to detail I have in there. I spent 3 days in the shop shaping it, probably a total of 20 hours. I dug deep into the reserve lumber pile for the woods I wanted to use. The bobcat itself is english walnut. The rocks were from a burly claro walnut board. The log is some wild grained cocobolo. The tree is spalted maple, Janette's looked so cool with it so I used it as well. The face has a variety with a majority of some reddish quartersawn sycamore. The rest is some hickory and rosewood and curly maple ears trimmed out in rosewood. All the stripes are rosewood as well. I wanted the legs to stand out with the most figured part of the english walnut board. So I am proud to present my version of the
    BILLYBOB CAT.
    This one is not going anywhere other then on a wall in our house. I knew it when I 1st saw it in the mag, I have to make one for us. This is one of my favorite patterns that I have ever seen, and deserved all my abilities. I hope you approve Janette.
    Attached Files

TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Beautiful wood choices. Nice shaping. Turned out amazing.
    Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

WOW! Beautiful!!
      A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

That's beautiful, excellent workmanship!!
        Fran

Comment

Absolutely beautiful. Great selection and matching of woods & colors.
          The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Comment

Sweeeet to the max Woodsman.........you deserve to be proud of that project.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X