Janette's Bobcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janette's Bobcat

Wow, this has has taken me a very long time to complete. When It came out in the magazine I knew I had to make this one. I had got started on it right away, getting it cut then set it aside. I knew the shaping was going to be the key with this project. Well the time was finally right and I got back to it. It is hard to tell from the pictures all the attention to detail I have in there. I spent 3 days in the shop shaping it, probably a total of 20 hours. I dug deep into the reserve lumber pile for the woods I wanted to use. The bobcat itself is english walnut. The rocks were from a burly claro walnut board. The log is some wild grained cocobolo. The tree is spalted maple, Janette's looked so cool with it so I used it as well. The face has a variety with a majority of some reddish quartersawn sycamore. The rest is some hickory and rosewood and curly maple ears trimmed out in rosewood. All the stripes are rosewood as well. I wanted the legs to stand out with the most figured part of the english walnut board. So I am proud to present my version of the
    BILLYBOB CAT.
    This one is not going anywhere other then on a wall in our house. I knew it when I 1st saw it in the mag, I have to make one for us. This is one of my favorite patterns that I have ever seen, and deserved all my abilities. I hope you approve Janette.
    Attached Files

TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Beautiful wood choices. Nice shaping. Turned out amazing.
    Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

WOW! Beautiful!!
      A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

That's beautiful, excellent workmanship!!
        Fran

Comment

Absolutely beautiful. Great selection and matching of woods & colors.
          The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Comment

Sweeeet to the max Woodsman.........you deserve to be proud of that project.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
              Reply to Blades and Square Blocks
              by Rolf
              The first thing you need to Check is that the upper arm is parallel to the table! Check your manual on how to set up your saw. From the specifications the max cut depth is 2.05 inches so you are at the saw limit. I like the Pegas MGT series. The MGt 5 (11.5 TPI) or the 7 (10.4 TPI)...
              Today, 08:57 AM
            • Dan A
              Blades and Square Blocks
              by Dan A
              I don't have much doubt that I asked these questions to Denny in an email back when I got my Pegas saw from him. But none of my saved emails were transferred over from the old computer to this new one.

Since what I use mostly is 3/4-inch pine and 1/4 inch multiply which pegas blade would...
              Today, 06:33 AM
            • cwmagee
              Reply to Another Celtic cross
              by cwmagee
              Alex, your creativity is amazing, keep up the great work.
              Yesterday, 09:47 PM
            • Harry
              Reply to Toy jeeps
              by Harry
              Hi Jim.

The paints I used are mainly aerosol spray.

The green is Rus-oleum Painters touch, craft enamel.

The red is a stores brand own name, just called Wilko's

Don't know if you will get either of these in Mexico, but I'm

sure you...
              Yesterday, 01:18 PM
            • jim_mex
              Reply to Toy jeeps
              by jim_mex
              Great work and patience needed to pull off these smaller toys. You did a fantastic job! I really like them.

I'm curious to know what type of paints you use if you don't mind sharing the brand name.
              Yesterday, 10:15 AM
            Working...
            X