X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 latest pieces

here are my 3 latest items.
    Attached Files

They really look great but, I am not certain what I am actually viewing.
    Are some portions scrolled or are they all painted?
    God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

I cut out all thie pieces. So every little piece is cut out.

then i set them aside and spray paint them the proper color.

then i reassemlble them and glue it all to a backer board.

so the guy with the skull for example is probably around 100 pieces or so.

I do the shading with the spray paint as well. so if you look at the blue to light blue on his hat, i first painted it blue and then shaded it with some white.

For the face i first cut out all the pieces then painted it yellow. then i shaded it with a quick spray of green, then put it all back together.

here is an example of the process.

I guess the easiest explanation is that they are sillouettes. the difference is that i save the little cut out pieces, paint them and put them back together.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by crupiea; 03-20-2012, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Those are great looking projects.
        I like'em.

It's all fun
        Terry
        Craftsman 18"
        Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

You most certainly did an excellent job of hiding any entry holes from drilling!
          Great work!
          Thanks very much for the explaination and added photos.
          God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

Hi crupiea - You have a really good technique there.

Th effect you've got is similar to a technique which scroll saw author Patrick Spielman calls 'separated segmentation' in his book 'Segmentation'. In his case the black outlines are actually gaps between the pieces - the black coming from the backing board. This is a really neat way of adding impact to painted segmentation work, which by the way you do excellently. The fact that you appear to scroll your black outlines is impressive

Good to see this technique shown on the forum especially as its rare we see it posted.
            Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
            - Albert Einstein

Comment

Are you sure you don't want to get those as tattoos.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Farmers market "survey"
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                Today, 11:14 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Farmers market
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                Today, 11:00 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                Today, 09:57 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Rolf
                So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                I like the fact...
                Today, 08:34 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to Farmers market
                by will8989
                Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                Today, 08:17 AM
              Working...
              X