X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 latest pieces

here are my 3 latest items.
    Attached Files

They really look great but, I am not certain what I am actually viewing.
    Are some portions scrolled or are they all painted?
    God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

I cut out all thie pieces. So every little piece is cut out.

then i set them aside and spray paint them the proper color.

then i reassemlble them and glue it all to a backer board.

so the guy with the skull for example is probably around 100 pieces or so.

I do the shading with the spray paint as well. so if you look at the blue to light blue on his hat, i first painted it blue and then shaded it with some white.

For the face i first cut out all the pieces then painted it yellow. then i shaded it with a quick spray of green, then put it all back together.

here is an example of the process.

I guess the easiest explanation is that they are sillouettes. the difference is that i save the little cut out pieces, paint them and put them back together.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by crupiea; 03-20-2012, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Those are great looking projects.
        I like'em.

It's all fun
        Terry
        Craftsman 18"
        Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

You most certainly did an excellent job of hiding any entry holes from drilling!
          Great work!
          Thanks very much for the explaination and added photos.
          God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

Hi crupiea - You have a really good technique there.

Th effect you've got is similar to a technique which scroll saw author Patrick Spielman calls 'separated segmentation' in his book 'Segmentation'. In his case the black outlines are actually gaps between the pieces - the black coming from the backing board. This is a really neat way of adding impact to painted segmentation work, which by the way you do excellently. The fact that you appear to scroll your black outlines is impressive

Good to see this technique shown on the forum especially as its rare we see it posted.
            Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
            - Albert Einstein

Comment

Are you sure you don't want to get those as tattoos.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                Reply to Wood identification needed
                by Rolf
                This site should be on every woodworkers computer. https://www.wood-database.com/ As has been said the first image is Wenge....
                Today, 07:38 AM
              • handibunny
                Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
                by handibunny
                I couldn't resist (too long since any new toys) and ordered a blacklight flashlight from Amazon--same price as Harbor Freight. Should be here Tuesday--can't wait to see all the glue spots I've missed.
                Today, 07:01 AM
              • handibunny
                by handibunny
                If you google "Moradillo" you'll get more information than you'll ever need. It looks like it will work up beautifully.
                Today, 06:59 AM
              • dgman
                by dgman
                The first picture is Wenge, pronounced WHEN-ghay or WHEN-Gii. It is a very hard wood. It’s splintery and very hard to cut. When finished, it is almost black. I use it when I need a black wood for Intarsia. I do not know anything about the other wood.
                Yesterday, 10:40 PM
              • vgraf
                Wood identification needed
                by vgraf
                I have a new neighbor who did a lot of woodworking in the past but had to give it up because of allergies. He sold his shop equipment and wood stockpile when he moved here, however he kept a few pieces of fancy wood and showed them to me. The first one (First Photo) he had no idea what it was. It is...
                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
              Working...
              X