X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for next project

Thanks for any help/advice
    DSC_0783.jpg

dont know why you stopped at this one eric..
    this is fantastic,love the colour of it,
    not doing much
    and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

I almost always use a #7 blade. If you're going to use western red cedar, a #5 would be ok too. As far a transferring the pattern, I've found the easiest is cut out the pattern pieces. Put packing tape on the wood and spray adhesive on the back of the pattern. Stick pattern to packing tape that is on the wood.
      Janette
      www.square-designs.com

Comment

I use a FD #5 Polar most of the time.
        for pattern transfer, I use 1 copy of the pattern. Cut your first piece out, then move the pattern to your next piece of wood. Follow the cut line where you cut the first piece, then continue cutting the rest of the second piece. Continue this until it's cut.

I like the mono-chronic look you have on your posted pic.
        T
        Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

I use FD Polar # 7 and #9 to cut mine. I make my wood 3/8" thick and if I can, I stack cut the pieces which will ensure a perfect fit.
          Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
          "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Thanks again
            Eric

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
              Reply to Harbor Fraught
              by Rolf
              I did not read the fine print, actually not that fine. when I went to buy my new compressor for 25% off (not). That would have been nice, but I am still happy with my purchase. Although I have not used it yet as my garage is rather cold.
              7 deg this morning 50's tomorrow
              Today, 09:22 AM
            • Jimern
              Reply to Harbor Fraught
              by Jimern
              Some manufacturers will restrict items for resale to a certain price or basement price. And in some cases will only sell with the agreement of no discounts allowed.

And then there is margin, the retailer needs to make a certain amount of money on all sales.‚Äč
              Today, 09:20 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Pegas Scroll Saw speed changes randomly
              by Rolf
              Have you had big temperature swings in the shop? My first thought is something binding. I fix all of my own stuff and don't hesitate to take things apart to try and isolate where the issue is.
              That said at only two years old I would contact Denny and see if he can direct you to a Pegas tech center....
              Today, 09:15 AM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to Pegas Scroll Saw speed changes randomly
              by NC Scroller
              Welcome. Could be a number of things. I would call Denny at Art Crafters of Dayton or Ray at Seyco. Both numbers can be found on the internet.
              Today, 06:47 AM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to Question about tilting head saws
              by NC Scroller
              I still use my factory dust collector on my pre Chinese Ex21. No, not for everything that I cut but primarily for compound cutting where we generate a lot of sawdust. I did enhance my dust collector by replacing the membrane wit a piece made on a 3D printer. The enhancements gives a bit of extra...
              Today, 06:41 AM
            Working...
            X