New Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pics

Back from out west. The coho is a pattern from Troywood Intarsia I made for a good friend of mine from BC. He is a fishing fanatic like me. The great horned owl is my first attempt at trying to make my own pattern inspired by a photo from shutterstock images.
    Attached Files

Owl turned out great. Salmon is wonderful too!
    Dragyn (Oh my! Another Mike! )

It's a good thing my head is attached to my ... ... Has anyone seen my head?!?

Comment

Very nice workmanship on both!
      DeWalt 788

Comment

That's a fabulous owl design and you've made it into a super piece of intarsia. Great work all around and I love the texturing. Very well done.

Jim Troywood, now that's a name I haven't heard in awhile! Good to know he's still cranking out great pieces.

Lou
        www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

Great stuff I really like the owl... well done!
          Jerry
          Life's funny if you laugh at it!

http://dedijerry.blogspot.com/
          http://www.etsy.com/shop/DediWoodworks

Comment

nice job, I really like your fish.....
            I can just imagine seeing you buddy's face when he see's it for the first time....

Trout
            Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
            Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Very nice!! I too love fish, and your salmon is wonderful. However, I applaud you on making your own pattern and using it to make a beautiful owl. Awesome work!!
              Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

Wow that Owl sure is an eye opener......sweeeet job on both projects.
                Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Hey thanks for the feedback! Im going back out west for the summer to work and I ordered the new Kathy Wise Bird Intarsia book and can't wait to try some more bird projects when I get back. I am also working on a pattern of a brook trout or salmon haven't quite decided yet. I know one thing though I'm using the bloodwood and paduk for the fish pattern . Talk to you all later and thanks again.

Comment

You did great on the owl pattern. And beautiful workmanship also.

Comment

Very nice.....Loving the owl...

Danny
                      Patterns are for sale on my website http://www.intarsia.co.uk

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                        Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                        by will8989
                        None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                        Today, 12:20 AM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                        The bags seem easier on the surface.
                        But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                        Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                        by will8989
                        Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                        Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                      • Sandy Oaks
                        by Sandy Oaks
                        As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                        Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                      • NC Scroller
                        Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                        by NC Scroller
                        I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                        Yesterday, 07:42 AM
                      Working...
                      X