New Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pics

Back from out west. The coho is a pattern from Troywood Intarsia I made for a good friend of mine from BC. He is a fishing fanatic like me. The great horned owl is my first attempt at trying to make my own pattern inspired by a photo from shutterstock images.
    Attached Files

Owl turned out great. Salmon is wonderful too!
    Dragyn (Oh my! Another Mike! )

It's a good thing my head is attached to my ... ... Has anyone seen my head?!?

Comment

Very nice workmanship on both!
      DeWalt 788

Comment

That's a fabulous owl design and you've made it into a super piece of intarsia. Great work all around and I love the texturing. Very well done.

Jim Troywood, now that's a name I haven't heard in awhile! Good to know he's still cranking out great pieces.

Lou
        www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

Great stuff I really like the owl... well done!
          Jerry
          Life's funny if you laugh at it!

http://dedijerry.blogspot.com/
          http://www.etsy.com/shop/DediWoodworks

Comment

nice job, I really like your fish.....
            I can just imagine seeing you buddy's face when he see's it for the first time....

Trout
            Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
            Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Very nice!! I too love fish, and your salmon is wonderful. However, I applaud you on making your own pattern and using it to make a beautiful owl. Awesome work!!
              Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

Wow that Owl sure is an eye opener......sweeeet job on both projects.
                Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Hey thanks for the feedback! Im going back out west for the summer to work and I ordered the new Kathy Wise Bird Intarsia book and can't wait to try some more bird projects when I get back. I am also working on a pattern of a brook trout or salmon haven't quite decided yet. I know one thing though I'm using the bloodwood and paduk for the fish pattern . Talk to you all later and thanks again.

Comment

You did great on the owl pattern. And beautiful workmanship also.

Comment

Very nice.....Loving the owl...

Danny
                      Patterns are for sale on my website http://www.intarsia.co.uk

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• planeur
                        Reply to A Bear In The Woods
                        by planeur
                        Trรจs beau John and original !๐Ÿ˜Ž Like it very much, and cherry is the perfect wood for a bear.....!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜
                        planeur
                        Today, 06:59 AM
                      • Jimern
                        Reply to My computer issues.
                        by Jimern
                        Worth a try, but very rarely works. During the install in windows, the software registers links (for want of a better word) which are required for it to operate. install is what is needed...
                        Today, 06:51 AM
                      • handibunny
                        Reply to New turning tools
                        by handibunny
                        Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Your work is always a treat to look at!
                        Today, 05:34 AM
                      • will8989
                        by will8989
                        I clean it up and stuff regularly. If I do a lot of typing, spreadsheets, etc., I use the computer as itโ€™s faster for me but take the tablet to shows and markets to post from there. I also use my rapid resizer program on the tablet when I want to change a pattern and am downstairs. I really need a...
                        Yesterday, 11:16 PM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        Rolf, if your Picassa file works I want it!!! They cram so much into newer programs that it just complicates things and takes away intuitive stuff. Thank you for checking!
                        Yesterday, 05:55 PM
                      Working...
                      X