judy gales pileated woodpecker and a altered hummimgbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• judy gales pileated woodpecker and a altered hummimgbird

i am sure everyone is tired of me posting pictures of birds.. i sold the last hummingbird and this is one i made just for me.. the pileated woodpecker is new as well. i used pau santos for the black and pink my lady for the red on the woodpecker. the hummingbird has a photo of the hummingbird i tried to create
    Attached Files

Just beautiful! I really like the way the surrounding circle is done on the hummingbird, and I'm trying to figure out how you accomplished the step feature. No, we're not tired of the birds!!!

Comment

Hal, I never tire of seeing yours, or anyone else's pictures of their work. Especially very well done pieces like these two of yours.

Bob

Comment

I like both of them
        Patte, step feature?
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Sweeeet projects Hal, and please don't stop posting photos of your projects. I love eye candy.
          Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Nicely done and all pics are welcome.
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very nice! I agree with the others. I love looking at all the pics.
              Anneh

Comment

Me too - love the pictures! Lovely projects!
                DeWalt 788

Comment

I agree, even though I can't do intarsia I still like looking at everyone's artwork.

Charles
                  Charles

Comment

Nice work, Tommy. I think we have had one of those woodpeckers hanging around here.
                    Fran

Comment

Nice! I have never seen pau santos wood before. It looks to have a redish tint to it. Is that the case or is it just the way the lighting is in the picture? Your humingbird is beautiful and is my favorite of the two.
                      Tammy

Pressure makes diamonds

Comment

Gotta love birds!

Great detail work, Hal. Love the color choices.

Tony
                        The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                          by will8989
                          Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                          Today, 10:32 AM
                        • Sandy Oaks
                          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                          by Sandy Oaks
                          As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                          Today, 09:46 AM
                        • NC Scroller
                          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                          by NC Scroller
                          I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                          Today, 07:42 AM
                        • NC Scroller
                          by NC Scroller
                          I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                          Today, 07:39 AM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                          Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                        Working...
                        X