First Intarsia Piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Intarsia Piece

I have just completed my first piece. I did it with a bandsaw with a half-inch blade and a lot of sanding, need a scroll saw immediately! Thought it turned out all right considering. I now know what to expect for future project. I found it very rewarding to take three different scrap boards and end up with a nice piece. This is the free tulip from sawbird.

Nicely done.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Wonderful! Welcome to the forum. You're going to have a lot of fun here.
      Merry Christmas!

Jan

Comment

Great job! I can't imagine doing that well myself with a 1/2" band saw blade!
        You are right, a scrollsaw will definitely be nice to work with compared to the
        band saw.
        God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

Very nice workmanship!
          DeWalt 788

Comment

Nice first piece. Not tried intarsia myself. Good job.
            The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Nice job and an excellent starter pattern! Many people start with far too complex a pattern. This one has you cutting some curves and doing some shaping but not too much. You did VERY well, considering the blade you were using! I only use 1/2 bandsaw blades for resawing. No curves! Best of luck with you next project. It is certainly possible to use a bandsaw, but definitely get a smaller blade!

Lou
              www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

You have done very well for your first attempt for sure!

Comment

Great for your first project! If you can't afford a scroll saw, get a 1/4" or 1/8" bandsaw blade. Will cut curves alot easier!!!
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Welcome to intarsia. Very nicely done for your first. When you get a scrollsaw it will be so much easier to cut the pieces.
                    Fran

Comment

Good job. Very clean design and well done.
                      Ron

My sawdust gallery

Comment

Thanks for all the encouragement. I have already placed an order for a DeWalt 788, definitely a needed tool.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                          Farmers market "survey"
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                          I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                          For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                          Today, 11:14 AM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to Farmers market
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                          Today, 11:00 AM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                          Today, 09:57 AM
                        • Rolf
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by Rolf
                          So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                          I like the fact...
                          Today, 08:34 AM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market
                          by will8989
                          Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                          Today, 08:17 AM
                        Working...
                        X