3 wise men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 wise men

I got the set of wise men done for my work Christmas party.

001.jpg

Woods used were yellowheart, purpleheart, lacewood, padauk, aspen, redheart, yellow birch, cypress, beech, orange parot wood, canary wood, and peruvian walnut. I have 3 more sets I'm working on for Christmas gifts. Thanks for looking.
    Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

I like those, simple but pretty and great choice of colors
    Bruce F. Worthington

www.intarsia.net 2 free e-books on Intarsia
    http://intarsia.hostcentric.com/home/homepage/ patterns
    Chat Room
    http://intarsia.hostcentric.com/home/chatroom.htm
    e-mail [email protected]

You never stop learning..

Comment

Very nice workmanship Cathy!
      DeWalt 788

Comment

Really Nice !
        I like the wood selection.
        Eric

Liberty Twp (Cincinnati), OH

If today were perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow!

Comment

Very nice indeed.

Comment

Three wise men........and one wise woman! You know yer stuff Cathy, they came out so sweeeeet.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Lovely, Cathy. Nice clean lines, well cut and shaped, good colour selection. I don't recognize them. Can you tell me where you got the pattern? Thanks!

Lou
              www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

Love these Cathy , your choice of woods is what makes these stand out ............MB
                Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Nicely done...
                  "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                  Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks for all the nice comments!! I planned on spreading this out a bit, a piece or two a year. However, with my mom's health problems this past year and Kent's mom turning 90 I thought I best not wait! Lou I loved this set when I saw it!! It came from Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts Holiday 2005 issue #21, Pages:62-63.

Thanks again for the positive comments. It's nice to feel good about something!!!
                    Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

Nice work Cathy! And I remember when you were afraid to TRY intarsia There's no stopping you now girl!
                      Janette
                      www.square-designs.com

Comment

Cathy, You have the fitting of the pieces perfected!! Nice, and colors are perfect too.
                        Fran

Comment

Cathy,
                          It has been so fun to watch your growth as a woodworker and an artist. These are just wonderful! I can't wait to see what comes from your saw next!
                          Ed

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                            Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                            by NC Scroller
                            My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                            Today, 07:42 AM
                          • will8989
                            by will8989
                            None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                            Today, 12:20 AM
                          • Linda In Phoenix
                            by Linda In Phoenix
                            What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                            The bags seem easier on the surface.
                            But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                            Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                            by will8989
                            Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                            Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                          • Sandy Oaks
                            by Sandy Oaks
                            As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                            Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                          Working...
                          X