New patterns I'm working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New patterns I'm working on

When I do a new pattern I create a colorized picture of it in the colors I want used. These are two patterns I have recently made that do not have a finished piece yet.
    The Palm Sunday was made for a Gentleman in South Carolina the size he requested. It will be 36" tall and 84" long. I haven't made up my mind yet if I will offer it this size or at half that size, your thoughts would be appreciated.
    The Cross is new also but wasn't done for anyone particular. I may look for someone willing to make this one, it is one of my more simple ones.
    Attached Files
    Bruce F. Worthington

www.intarsia.net 2 free e-books on Intarsia
    http://intarsia.hostcentric.com/home/homepage/ patterns
    Chat Room
    http://intarsia.hostcentric.com/home/chatroom.htm
    e-mail [email protected]

You never stop learning..

They're both quite beautiful, Bruce. It's certainly worth a try as far as producing a smaller pattern for the intarsia community.

Jan

Comment

I actually have it in the smaller size ( 17" x 42", the only change I would need to make is the size of the letters and numbers labeled on the pattern, Both patterns have 480 pieces
      Bruce F. Worthington

Chat Room
      e-mail [email protected]

Comment

bruce ,how about doing a wip on how you do a desighn showing all the steps ,and how its all put together ,id certainly be interested
        Tom

Comment

Not a bad idea Tom, I will see what I can come up with
          Bruce F. Worthington

Chat Room
          e-mail [email protected]

Comment

I have a picture of a Blue Heron I am working on to make a pattern. I am down to 3100 pieces. Don't laugh, used to be twice that..
            Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
            Jean De La Bruyere...

l
            Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Bruce has a beautiful blue heron pattern.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckD View Post
                I have a picture of a Blue Heron I am working on to make a pattern. I am down to 3100 pieces. Don't laugh, used to be twice that..
                LOL and I get griped at for the number of pieces I put in some of mine. This may sound funny coming from me but sometimes less is better.
                Bruce F. Worthington

Chat Room
                e-mail [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckD View Post
                  hope were gonna see it
                  Tom

Comment

Originally posted by gippslander View Post
                    hope were gonna see it
                    Yeah, me too.

I have the crazy notion that intarsia should look as real as possible and that is the way I do it. Do you realize how many feathers a Blue heron in flight has showing?
                    You have seen the picture I am working from.
                    Last edited by ChuckD; 11-20-2011, 02:39 PM.
                    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Chuck - with the blue pine variations out there - you should be able to narrow the piece count down pretty good by using larger pieces with various streaking in them - giving it the illusion of more than one piece.
                      Janette
                      www.square-designs.com

Comment

Hello Bruce
                        I am new to the site and just making my way around - there is so much great information. I just wanted to say thanks for offering the 2 free e-books on your web site. For someone like me just starting it really helps. I am just getting started and really enjoying making saw dust. Thanks again Gregg

Comment

Hello Janette Nice to meet you. I just wanted say thanks for the information you have published in Creative Woodworks & Crafts over the last several issues - it has been helpful to get me started with Intarsia. I love wood and love making saw dust. I have been collecting different wood types for a while and now found a great way to use some of this. I am looking to find an easy pattern to get started and practice. What do you suggest? I am currently working on two boxes right now for my two daughters. The tops of the boxes have an intarsia pattern and I found the pattern in Wood magazine.

Comment

I personally like Intarsia with a lot of pieces. I like the challenge. I too hope to see the blue heron and would also love to make the original 2 pictures!

I just finished The Last Supper pattern but I scaled it 150% so a range of sizes is nice sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg Malanga View Post
                              Hello Bruce
                              I am new to the site and just making my way around - there is so much great information. I just wanted to say thanks for offering the 2 free e-books on your web site. For someone like me just starting it really helps. I am just getting started and really enjoying making saw dust. Thanks again Gregg
                              Thank you Gregg, Thats what makes the difference in me doing this when someone appreciates what I have there.
                              Bruce F. Worthington

Chat Room
                              e-mail [email protected]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KarlB
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by KarlB
                                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                                Today, 09:41 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                                by KarlB
                                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                                Today, 09:31 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by will8989
                                Beautiful!...
                                Today, 09:19 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by will8989
                                Bruce said he felt like he needed to look for a job when he first retired. That lasted for about a month and he hasn’t looked back since. I had a friend whose company gave him a 50th party. At the party he told them he was retiring in 2 weeks! Trust us, you will love being retired.
                                Today, 09:09 PM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
                                ingers crossed
                                Today, 07:35 PM
                              Working...
                              X